Software Handy Little free program

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I tried d/ling a documentary from a newsgroup but for some reason it got stuck in a loop trying to extract and repair it, so I stopped it, however I later realised My hdd had lost 20 gb of space and I couldn't find where it had gone. Today I d/led a program called space sniffer, very handy and small in size found loads of rubbish taking up space I didn't need, the nzb garbage was in application data :).

Attachments

• Space Sniffer 1.3.0.2.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
Yesterday I tried d/ling a documentary from a newsgroup but for some reason it got stuck in a loop trying to extract and repair it, so I stopped it, however I later realised My hdd had lost 20 gb of space and I couldn't find where it had gone.....the nzb garbage was in application data :).

Had that happen to me in the past. NZB leftovers can really feck up an hdd if you're not careful, particularly if you're using a small ssd as a primary non-storage drive.

It's the first time it happened to Me. I'll be watching out for it in future, still, nice little program came from it. :)

Nice. I've been using a similar app called WinDirStat for years to find space hogs. There's no substitute for a graphical representation for space usage on hard drives. They even offer a portable version (no install required).

I also use one for Android called "DiskUsage" by Ivan Volosyuk

Back