Halogen bulb for a torch.

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
Lads I need a bit advice as to a halogen bulb for a torch, It’s a Ryobi RFL 180M, the bulb in it is a P 13.5S Krypton KPR I8v - .6A (not the best light) I have a couple of 4.0ah 18v batteries so power drain should not be a problem, I will not be using it for long periods.
I’ve had a google but am not sure! also don't want to be paying a lot for something I use occasionally, Brighter the better I suppose, having said that I’m not wanting a searchlight.

TIA

This one will do the job willin.

EDIT:
Just thought I would add that being an led it will take far less current than the original bulb so the charge from a 4A battery will last absolutely ages. I reckon from a 1W led it may appear slightly brighter due to being more of a focused light but not by too much.

Last edited:
Thanks @chookey @turner brown
I've since found this 1pc Bright CREE 3W For Car LED Torch Light P13.5S 6000K Flashlight Bulb 6V-24V | eBay although it will take weeks to post from china/hong kong.
Pity you never posted before ordering willin. A look at the advert shows you
8. Theory power: 3W

9. Tested power: 0.72W

The reason for this is also shown in the advert that the bulb draws 30ma @ 24v which gives 0.72W. You will be using an 18v battery which will give you 0.54W of power.

Pity you never posted before ordering willin. A look at the advert shows you
8. Theory power: 3W

9. Tested power: 0.72W

The reason for this is also shown in the advert that the bulb draws 30ma @ 24v which gives 0.72W. You will be using an 18v battery which will give you 0.54W of power.

sorry chookey, I wasn't clear at all, fortunately I haven't ordered it. I was posting to see what you or others thought, and it's very fortunate I did.

turner brown's looks like my choice atm, thanks for that.

it might be faster on ebay . the amazon one has delivery date of mid july to aug

They're quite expensive. Personally I would opt for the lower power. There is a reason why the 3w one is advised for very short periods @ 18v.
But probably I would opt for the original part.

Cheapest I've seen.

Back