Had a Car Accident!!

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right me and my father today was on our way to have a look at an Auto Honda Civic for myself in Kent.
We had a look and it seemed alright apart from the driver side mirror witch needs replacing and the right side of the passenger seat, where on the body it has some scratches.

Any how had a look at the car and over all was happy with the car. We decided to come back tomorrow after finding out how much it would cost to replace the mirror and possibly in the future get rid of the scratches.

On the way back, just like the whole day, it was raining.
We was traveling up a busy road - White Horse Hill in Kent to be precise and as we were going up the hill a car coming out the side street could clearly see us coming closer as she edged forward. As we got really close she stopped so we carried on going forward and as we got right in front of her, for some reason she just drove straight into us knocking off completely her front bumper and pushing the left front wheel in an angle making both our cars right off.

Luckily no one was hurt and we didn't need to get police involved. Upon asking her what she was thinking, all she could say was 'I don't want to talk about it'.

It then took a further 3 hours for the RCA to get here as apparently there were many problems today due to the rain and the driver had to come from Croydon.

Here's the pic of her car -

Hopefully not, going to call the insurance company up in the morning and hopefully get a courtesy car sorted ASAP.
Actually ive seen another Honda Civic with leather seats, better condition but has 88,000 on the clock where as the one I saw today had 64,000.
I've heard mileage don't matter for cars such as Cvics and Golfs as they still hold there value for a long period of time.

Ill probably decide as soon as ive seen this other civic, hopefully if all goes well tommorow.

sounds like shes going to try and scam your insurance for injuries m8.

if she was edging forward, and could clearly see you approaching, then at the very last second pulled out so you clip her but take the front of her car off, there will be very bad looking damage, she will be able to try and claim for neck or back injuries but most importantly, there will be no signs of you trying to stop untill the impact.

ensure both yours and your passengers statements to both the police and BOTH insurance companies state very clearly that you saw her edging out, stopping, then driving straight into you, as this type of accident is the other persons fault, but if they say you were indicating left, or even flashed lights (as in to flash them out) then the blame changes to you. were your headlights on at the time? not on dip, but main beam, as a bump in the road could have made your higher headlights looks like they were being flashed to let them out, even though your speed would have indicated that you werent intending to

but i do think you should be prepared for some sort of claim though m8

brother in law had a run in with a female driver last year {wrote his car off} turning right in the outside lane of a roundabout.

anyway the copper the scene was giveing this woman advice on how to avoid the blame {brother in law overheard this and went beserk}

if she was edging forward, and could clearly see you approaching, then at the very last second pulled out so you clip her but take the front of her car off, there will be very bad looking damage, she will be able to try and claim for neck or back injuries but most importantly, there will be no signs of you trying to stop untill the impact.

ensure both yours and your passengers statements to both the police and BOTH insurance companies state very clearly that you saw her edging out, stopping, then driving straight into you, as this type of accident is the other persons fault, but if they say you were indicating left, or even flashed lights (as in to flash them out) then the blame changes to you. were your headlights on at the time? not on dip, but main beam, as a bump in the road could have made your higher headlights looks like they were being flashed to let them out, even though your speed would have indicated that you werent intending to

but i do think you should be prepared for some sort of claim though m8

We have a witness and police also came but as we dealt with it ourselves its all good. When I said edged out, she didn't pass the white lines before she drove into us and there was no view being obstructed that she needed to edge out. It was one of the impatient type edging forward.
The fact she went into my left wheel proove's it was her fault in itself, as she went into us on the side not the front.
The claims gone through with insurance and as we have no claims bonus were protected.

A pain but at least no injuries - thank goodness!

Hope it all gets sorted without too much bother.

:Cheers:

even flashed lights (as in to flash them out) then the blame changes to you. were your headlights on at the time? not on dip, but main beam, as a bump in the road could have made your higher headlights looks like they were being flashed to let them out, even though your speed would have indicated that you werent intending to

Unless its changed recently, in the highway code flashing someone your lights is meant as a warning not to indicate for someone to go (though that is how we all use it). So that wouldn't stand up for her.

Same thing happened to my wife about 10 years ago.

A woman was exiting a side road onto a busy road that my wife was driving on, she saw the wife approaching and sat at the give way sign, then just as my wife got to her she pulled out into the side of our car.

Thankfully the woman was decent about it and accepted full responsibility, we were given a courtesy car and our Mondeo was towed to a local garage and repaired.

Hope everyrthing goes as well as our claim did mate.

Thank goodness you weren't on a bike!

Lumps of metal/plastic can always be replaced - main thing is noone's hurt!!

As for headlights flashing, i had a crash on a motorcycle, i was overtaking a large lorry that was stuck in traffic on inside lane, i was on outside lane and he flashed car coming out of side road on left to turn right, to let her out she came through the lane into mine and i went into side of her. when police arrived
and she said lorry flashed to let her out, the copper told her the only legal reason to flash headlights is to warn of danger,as stevemac40 says, and she ended up being blamed for full responsibilty

car accident

but if they say you were indicating left, then the blame changes to you.

If there are give way markings, it would still be her fault. I had this happen to me when a motorbike came off a roundabout,forgot to switch off his indicator and approached me as I was waiting to turn right at a give way marked junction. The indicator and the bikes speed suggested he was turning left so I started to turn right. When I checked again, the bike has speeded up, I broke but he clipped my front bumper and ended up with a couple of broken toes. When the cops turned up I told them to check his bike to prove he was indicating left and they did and it was still on but I was told I have to give way and shouoldn't make any assumptions on whether people are turning or not. I didn't get done for reckless driving or anything but I have always remembered the lesson.

Yup. Its always best to assume that everyone else on the roads are complete imbaciles. Even then it wont always stop them bumping into you.

Back