Hacking stuff....

Bicbiro

Banned
Reaction score
At the risk of getting flamed.
I was thinking we all know the reason for the cable section getting removed but how come it is still ok to post about modding an Xbox 360 and installing new maps onto a tomtom, surely these topics are about illegal activity as well?

Don't get me wrong I know the mods need to cover themselves and this site has more than just a cable section but if I am allowed to see information on other activities and make my mind up on whether or not to use such info (free will and all that) where is the harm in viewing info on cable?

I actually don't / didn't use the cable section that much, I am just curios

Bic...

coz no one recently has been sent to prison for modding consoles etc ;)

a few people have actually been sent down for modding consoles, but these were blatant traders who set themselfs up to get caught

and even though M$ and nintendo are such big companies, the amount of sites holding the information would take for ever and so much money in so many different areas of the world that its not really worth it

the UK cable networks are small (global scale) and confined to within the UK, cables profits affects skys profits (advertiser revenue) so they came down on the UK cable scene, hard.

To protect DW mickieD did a LOT of work behind the scenes, above and beyond just 'keeping up' a forum, and even though most dont realise it, we all have a lot to thank him for

so when M$ start locking up site admins for discussing how to hack an xbox, that section will vanish as well, when nokia start to do it, so will that section, but untill then, its still there for you all

mods and admin have families, kids, livestock, etc and i know if it was my site and the choice was keep a section for the members and risk losing EVERYTHING including the whole site, famile, freedom, then the section would be gone in the blink of an eye

So it's really down to the chances of getting caught and acceptable risk? If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

And there is know way I would put my family at risk for the sake of free stuff, the thought of prison would scare the poo out of me.

Did I read it wrong but the guys who went to prison went down for profiting from defrauding the cc's and not the possession of knowledge? what I mean is I know if I stab someone through the heart with a big knife it will kill them and I will go to prison for a long time but I can't be sent to prison for having that knowledge.

@Digidude - "Livestock" - please tell us more about your hobbies......lmao. :proud::Doc:
edit to reply to origional post - We have so far only dicussed the use of certain tools and made them tools available for the tomtom........dont think you will find many maps to download on here.

if I stab someone through the heart with a big knife it will kill them and I will go to prison for a long time but I can't be sent to prison for having that knowledge.

Kinda get what your saying m8....

Another way to look at it though is if you if you had knowledge on making a bomb
and put a guide up on how to do it there's a good chance nowadays you could be prosecuted for it.

I know thats an extreme.... But Mickie D's just taking some necessary precautions for the sake of forum and members

:Clap::Clap:

Another way to look at it though is if you if you had knowledge on making a bomb
and put a guide up on how to do it there's a good chance nowadays you could be prosecuted for it.

I know thats an extreme.... But Mickie D's just taking some necessary precautions for the sake of forum and members

I am not getting at Mickie D I would do the same thing, more the big brother state we live in the "YOU CAN'T LOOK AT THAT INFORMATION OR YOU ARE GOING TO PRISON" but steal a car and drive like an idiot being chased by the police You get caught for that and get a driving ban and points added to the licence you don't have.

The "justice system" seems screwed up to me.

Have knowledge about something (or was it the profit they made?) = Prison
Actual physical crime = Slap on the wrist

or is it down to the cc's and SKY having good lawyers and putting pressure on the justice system that is getting the job done.

Another thought springs to mind, Should the government employ Sky and Virgin to fight crime instead of the police? Maybe we would live in a safer society.

Bic...

God I sound like a total moaning git...........

try youtube and type homemade bomb no joke theres plenty on there also try Cable Modem Mod
in fact most things that have gone from the forum can be found in one form or other ..
im not saying removing the sections is wrong or right and don't even want to debate that tbh
im not fussed tbh i have been on the scene for years ...
i was putting pic chips in analog receivers and i even purchased the philips c12 hack from Gazza ,,, so i have access to all the info i require from other forums its just a shame to stop progress and allow them to win
but there must be a way to host this info on a Russian server or something ...

yehh and i recall it was quite a lot but i had it long before it was public i recall traveling the length of the country buying phillips diga,s and c12s lol
and then selling the phones to people who set up 0898 numbers and cashing in on them
and i still have a motorola transportable that was hacked to retrieve numbers to clone phones ... in the analog days
ohh

Last edited:
A few other forums i use have removed the cable section apart from 1 or 2 which i still use.

Regarding the 2 sent down for the crime they were profiting from the site and sales, forums like this only take donations for keeping the site going not to profit from the cable section. Its just for knoledge and learning purposes which i cant see how the mods can get into trouble for that?

i still use this site for other things but it was mainly for helping people or needing help with cable.

Other sites have actually lost some members by removing the cable section

"well guys that section was our most used category. The amount of users i have noticed logging in has seriously dropped from it being closed, its such a pity well maybe now the sky section will get interesting"

is it the same here?

Other sites have actually lost some members by removing the cable section

"well guys that section was our most used category. The amount of users i have noticed logging in has seriously dropped from it being closed, its such a pity well maybe now the sky section will get interesting"

is it the same here?

if you look at the stats posted by david H, even though one set is for 11 days, and the next for 7 days, they work out pretty much the same

so it shows that DW is a community that had a cable section, but is still a community now its gone, unlike sites that say things like you posted which looks like they were a cable forum, with hardly any form of community between its members

there is a HUGE difference

Did I read it wrong but the guys who went to prison went down for profiting from defrauding the cc's and not the possession of knowledge? what I mean is I know if I stab someone through the heart with a big knife it will kill them and I will go to prison for a long time but I can't be sent to prison for having that knowledge.
they got done for copyrite infringment
meaning haveing copyrite material on the site
images etc
do u know the digdebug program that a lot of u used was stolen from pace the pace site was hacked and this and other stuff was removed from the site

these are parts that u dont know about
all ppl see with the cable is programs etc and dont know or want to know where they came from
so to protect oursleves they where all removed

The reason i think that modshack got targeted so harshly was they made guides such as the novice angel guide which in depths shows how to hack "cable company owned equipment" such as pace boxes, disabling talk back, funcard programing ect rather than guides for 3rd party cable boxs such as dbox2, dreambox ect.

I would not think they can do the same for hosting guides for 3rd party boxes which can legaly uses as freeview boxes.

Back