Hacker Jailed

I bet he's already working for GCHQ or MI5/6, no way will they keep him behind bars, same as they do in the US.

A convicted blackmailer being employed at GCHQ? would never happen

The best people to catch a poacher are previous poachers. I guarantee he will already be working with the services, or being lined up to work with the services. Better to have him onside working for us, than against us.

I'm quite sure that GCHQ already employ the best people in the business, ones without criminal records. ;)

I'm quite sure that GCHQ already employ the best people in the business, ones without criminal records. ;)

Oh how naive of you. GCHQ employ the best in their field regardless of their chequered history. Would you prefer this kid to go work for Russia, or Israel, or even the US? Better to keep him on our shores, and use him wisely, although from what I know the only real skill he had was social engineering.

Not naive enough to say "I guarantee he will already be working with the services". :rolleyes:

@janobi

If this were the case, could the security services just issue a get out of jail free card, and quosh his sentence?

Not naive enough to say "I guarantee he will already be working with the services". :rolleyes:

But ok for you to say he wont be? It's a catch 22 as we will never know the answer 1 way or the other.

@dar1437, they wouldn't quosh his conviction, they might give him a new identity or something similar, or get it removed in other ways, but it's totally possible.

I also knew/worked with someone who worked at GCHQ, he's a network engineer, and he used to teach social engineering within the campus.

Are you saying that because he's a "criminal" that the services wont have approached him with a view to working for them? I get requests to interview for MI5 because of my skill set, and I also know of a uni friend that they tried to recruit as she spoke fluent Russian. When working for the services, they're normally quite accustom to bending the rules to suit themselves.

Also to gain clearance (Up to DV Strap) it's an honesty test, and they dont really care if you've got a criminal record, as long as you're honest on the form. You may have to take a physical interview down in Portsmouth, but again it's an honesty test. They already know all this before they're asking the questions.

But having worked for GCHQ Chookey, I presume you already know this ;)

But ok for you to say he wont be? It's a catch 22 as we will never know the answer 1 way or the other.

What happened to your guarantee that he's already working for the intelligence services?

But having worked for GCHQ Chookey, I presume you already know this ;)

I worked there in the early 80's mainly repairing items that had a CRT screen before leaving with my bonus bribe from Maggie. Background checks may have changed in the 35 years since I left but I would be amazed if they had relaxed to the point of giving a convicted blackmailer the keys to the Nations' secrets.

I agree however that it is a pointless argument. The scenario is better suited to a film or TV show but that has already been well and truly milked. If MI5 are so keen to enlist you, you may consider a bit of blackmail or carrying out a "hit" yourself, surely would only bolster your chances. :D

The scenario is better suited to a film or TV show but that has already been well and truly milked. If MI5 are so keen to enlist you, you may consider a bit of blackmail or carrying out a "hit" yourself, surely would only bolster your chances. :D

Aww man, your killing the series early? I was hoping for at least a season 2 :p

He will be employed as a cyber security expert by the Govt, if he has not already been employed.

I dont want to work for MI5 or any other public service, they dont pay enough ££.

i thought MI5 were following me for years...
Not for my skill set..more because of my mind set.

Really ? But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career,skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. 😁;)

Your not allowed to say you worked at GCHQ if you do/did. Also with regards to this chap did he actually code or initiate the hack or was he using someone elses skills?

I think after 35 years it's fairly safe to mention I repaired monitors and video recording equipment. ;)

Back