Gutted!!

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I went for a job interview on Friday and to be honest I didn't expect that much as the area wasn't the best of location in regards to work ethics however it had what I was looking for - 1st/2nd Line Support and training.

When I got there for my interview, initially as the company was on a 2nd floor and the layout of it was very old office styled. That also made me think twice in regards to first impressions however I wanted to hear what they had to offer and what sort of company they really were (as the agency gave me only the job spec and spoke about 2nd line as progression).
Anyhow it turned out this is exactly the type of job I was looking for - Progression into 2nd line/3rd line and even possibly consulting. I would be given full training, with all exams paid for. A company laptop, phone and uniform.
The best part for me was I would getting to meet many different clients from in and around London.

They spoke to me both formly and informly which gave me the impression they like to have fun but remain professional. We all had a good laugh with some topics and it seemed to be a really good interview.
I was suppose to recieve a call back from the agency on friday but this was delayed as they needed the weekend to decide out of the 2 candidates who was the better one.

In the end I received the awaited call today and the agency gave me the bad new - Although it was a tough decision they decided to take on the other candidate as hes 2nd line support experience was greater.

After I had that interview, I had my heart set on them as my 1st impressions were completely wrong and it involved more then what I was seeking in my next job.

IM SO GUTTED!!

Last edited:
bad luck mate but keep going at least you got some interview experiance under your belt.

Contact the company direct and just explain that if the other person doesn't work out ask them to bear you in mind. Won't do you any harm and you never know they could get another opening in the future and if you are fresh in their minds you might get a call before it is advertised.

bad luck m8.
dont let it diserpoint you to much ,there is always something else round the conner.
i am in the building trade { plumber} and got laid off 2months ago.so i started panicking,and was pi##ed off
thinking i will never get another job.
so i thort sod them all and started up on my own. and i have never made so much money.
touch wood...............
so chin up m8 something will come along.if your willing to work there is work out there.

good luck dave

It normally works like that m8.

build hopes up and you dont get it, or not bothered about the job and you get it.

Best interview i ever did, i didnt get the job, i remember leaving the building 10 feet tall, thought i got the job easy.Then got a phone call saying i was unsuccesful.

Keep your head up m8 , something will come along soon, i am a firm believer that there is always a meaning for when things happen.

Sorry you didn't get the job.

Best of luck next time round!

:Cheers:

sorry to hear m8.

but like it has been said, you have had interview experince.

ask for some feedback, and find out if you had any weak points.

good luck with your next interview.

Well said everyone

same happend here, been two 2 interviews, both of them said.. no experience required, however they had stronger candidates. .. but i havent been to an interview in like 6 years so it just gave me an experience.

and i was a bit disheartened when i did not get through in my first interview. but now.. i m just applying.. got 2 interviews lined up already.. nvr know when my luck will change. but if u dont try u wont achieve..

so .. keep going matey.. n u will get what u want .. all the very best :)

Bad luck mate........as previously said don't be dis-heartend, but I would contact the company and ask for interview feedback

Thanx for all the replies guys.
Heres the feedback from the company -
Thank you for coming on Friday, you looked a great candidate on paper and were even better in the flesh! The candidates for the position were all very strong and you made it down to the last two but the selected candidate shaded it on his slightly better backend server skills. Even so the decision was close and required us to take the weekend (and two meetings) to agree the choice.

In feed back terms: you are bright, articulate, confident and well skilled for your chosen career path. Slightly more experience with servers will round out your skill set but as this was the only differentiator in the selection and you were competing with strong candidates, (possibly the best we have seen for at least 3 years) it is not much to worry about.

We will certainly keep you in mind for any future recruitment and wish you the best in any future job hunting. I enclose my contact details for future use should you need to get hold of me.

Last edited:
I have to say thats pretty positive feedback.........I know you still haven't got the job but they could have said things a lot differently

That is excellent feedback and will hopefully keep your confidence up.

Thank you for coming on Friday, you looked a great candidate on paper and were even better in the flesh! The candidates for the position were all very strong and you made it down to the last two but the selected candidate shaded it on his slightly better backend server skills. Even so the decision was close and required us to take the weekend (and two meetings) to agree the choice.

In feed back terms: you are bright, articulate, confident and well skilled for your chosen career path. Slightly more experience with servers will round out your skill set but as this was the only differentiator in the selection and you were competing with strong candidates, (possibly the best we have seen for at least 3 years) it is not much to worry about.

We will certainly keep you in mind for any future recruitment and wish you the best in any future job hunting. I enclose my contact details for future use should you need to get hold of me.

bloody hell thats the best i have seen in a long long time.you will def be head hunted in the future and your potential is great. good luck for the future and remember me when your rich lol

Thanx all for your feedback. I guess this interview was one of my best clearly because I felt really comfortable. I have been to some that I just don't feel right, or somtimes feel nervous and that has in the past gotten to me.

I'm in 2 minds now if I should be seeking a new job or getting some training on the server side of things...

Make sure the agency you went through sees that as it will give them more confindence to put forward for their "better" jobs.

Back