Gumtree scammer

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just been browsing my local gumtree when I spotted a GTX 1070 graphics card for £75. My bullshit alarm went off so checked him out.
Here are his other items currently for sale, could anyone really fall for it?

I searched one of the images for his gaming pc and found it is from a current ebay listing and is way closer to the true value, different part of the country as well :)
ebay listing

I've reported the ads to Gumtree.

Perhaps he's just a victim of a cruel joke?

Hows this supposed to work? when ever I've bought of gumtree I've bought in person.

Hows this supposed to work? when ever I've bought of gumtree I've bought in person.
I put something up for sale on it some time ago. I did this because of the size of the item and didn't want the hassle of postage etc;
The only enquiries I had involved distance, postage and Paypal.

he has a
Asus Geforce Gtx 1050 ti 4gb Expedition for £40 thats a huge saving as they sell for £197

The only reason I have used gumtree is to avoid postage. Is nobody in Nuneaton to offer to have a look :)

Last edited:
I'm from nuneaton but live in saddleworth now.

Guntrees fine but, I only buy local and cash on collection. I took 1 chance with a £300 gold ring awhile back using PayPal but the guy mailed and all went well.

The you what, it's safer than eBay at the moment. Sellers sending crap and refusing to refund then waiting for eBay to step in. Then buyers saying the goods you sent is damaged because they know that eBay always favor the buyer.

Back