Guitar help

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
okies guy's....
out come the guitar from the closet that i got for me birthday....any tips on how to play the bloody thing......lol

i got dvd but need some simple idiots guide...x

Learn to tune it first best using a electronic tuner (cheap from argos).
Buy a chord book and learn some basic chord shapes and practice some simple turarounds. I.e G D A .
Buy a song book and learn a couple of easy to play ones. Eagles stuff is quite easy to start you off.
Sometimes playing along to the cd of the song helps.

okies guy's....
out come the guitar from the closet that i got for me birthday....any tips on how to play the bloody thing......lol

i got dvd but need some simple idiots guide...x

well 1st off get yourself a pleck {unless your a plucker} then batter your fingertips with a hammer {harden them up a bit}

www.cyberfret.com I found was a good place to start.

www.wholenote.com has lots of user submitted lessons too.

Once you've learnt tab, I've found stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers a good starting point. A lot of their stuff like Otherside, Californication etc. aren't difficult but good enough to build up some practice.

oh wow.....few good tips there from u guy's....

i got a plucker, plecker, fecker thing.....lol

i got a tuner with it and a thingy book and i just love the eagles, play it everyday for the parrot....lol

i think i might of got the wrong size guitar though....lol

i got a full size one, i can't get me arm around it and look at the strings at the same time....lol

I take it it's an acoustic then. It can feel awquard at first but you soon get used to it. The major milestone in your playing is when you can play without watching your fingers and will become easier as you don't hold the guitar on an angle to watch your every move.

If you're really serious about picking it up it might be worth consdiering a smaller body guitar or and electric guitar kit. The Yamaha 012 Pacifica Kit is a good value for money kit. Amp and a quality guitar for just over £100 (£120ish I think? Check GAK.co.uk). I picked that one out for my girlfriend's brother and it really is one of the best guitars I've played in that price range. Always a major plus as there's nothing worse for a beginner than to be on a bad guitar as it can seriously dampen motiviation in carrying it on.

Good luck to you ;) It really is enjoyable once you've picked up the basics and get used to it.

Back