guide to setting up Vu+ Duo2

bobby123

satellite Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Useful Software
7zip
wirar
How to update the bootloader if required.
Download Duo2_CFE_V2 Bootloader HEREDuo2_CFE_V2 Bootloader - Downloads - Digitalworldz
Unzip the Duo2_CFE_V2.zip file and extract the vuplus folder to a USB PEN Drive.

After unzipping to the pen drive you should have a folder on your pen drive named vuplus

In the vuplus folder is another folder named duo2

In the duo2 folder are 3 files.

cfe_cfe_auto.bin
cfe_cfe_auto.md5sum
cfe_cfe_auto.model

Power off Vu+ Duo2 with switch on the back
Open the front flap on the right hand side.
Insert USB Pen Drive into the front USB socket behind the front flap.
Power on Vu+ Duo2

When you see the "Update" message on the front display press the standby button (located behind the front flap)

The Bootloader update will only take a few seconds to complete.
The receiver will reboot once the bootloader has been flashed.

Once bootloader has been flashed successfully remove the USB Pen Drive and delete the vuplus folder from the pen drive.

It's important to delete the vuplus folder afterwards so not to cause problems later when flashing the main image.

1. Install image.
Download a USB image file, eg Blackhole / ANY image

Unzip the BlackHole-vuduo2_usb.zip file and extract the vuplus folder to a USB PEN Drive.

After unzipping to the pen drive you should have a folder on your pen drive named vuplus

In the vuplus folder is another folder named duo2

In the duo2 folder are 5 files.

initrd_cfe_auto.bin
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
reboot.update
root_cfe_auto.bin
splash_cfe_auto.bin

Power off Vu+ Duo2 with switch on the back
Open the front flap on the right hand side.
Insert USB Pen Drive into the front USB socket behind the front flap.
Power on Vu+ Duo2

When you see the "Update" message on the front display press the standby button (located behind the front flap)

Once the image has been successfully installed the receiver will reboot automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
I now have a message on the front panel, which says delete CFE?

Is this normal?

Hey all is a success, that was after installing the boot loader, its now fine, running latest version of open PLi

hi I have put the pen in the front of my box and it just boots to a purple screen and that's it as if it is frozen?

careful not to post clock for downloads

sorry I don't know what you mean?
can someone help me?

Last edited:
your posting in various locations looks like you are looking for a download

I am trying to set up a vu+ duo2 and a sky f5 in different rooms as I cannot afford sky. I am not 100% savvy but I have been told its really easy? looking for help, on my f5 I cannot get HD channels, but this vu+ duo 2 I cannot get past the purple vu screen and I am looking for the best "image" to use apparently, also I need to get a decent supplier for my c lines as my F5 box freezes from current supplier? hence asking a few questions? is this not the whole point of a forum or have I got bad information?

yes you will get all help you need here but no need to post in various locations as i said looks bit iffy

Back