Guide to setting Neutrino.DREAM+ 1106Z for uk cable on dreambox

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site and this is my first post. Just want to say first what a great site this is and what a great guide.

I have my Dreambox 500c comming tomorrow and am a little bit unsure of everything, but looking forward to learning very quickly as I have no knowledge of this at all yet.

Can I just follow the guide step by step with a brand new 500c? also I have read on this site to download the file for my area but there are 4 all ending in .rar. I have download all of them, tried to look at one with notepad but guess it's not that type of file. How do I know which one is for my N*L area?

Thanks in advance

Frenchman

if you have winrar installed on computer download an image all parts if split then click on the first and go to extract files it will extract your image. as for your area most of the images have the option for when you scan to select your cable provider ie 6952 for t/w and 6887 fo n*l. or if you install gemini 2.50 from the downloads(the one with evocamd installed) that has an option for a bruteforce scan. hope this helps

frenchman said:
I have my Dreambox 500c comming tomorrow and am a little bit unsure of everything, but looking forward to learning very quickly as I have no knowledge of this at all yet.

You wont be able download yet with a post count of 1 so I suggest you introduce yourself in the main forum and have a scour around, we have lots of sections and you maybe suprised as to how you too can contribute.

All your questions are answered you simply need to do some searching & reading.

Leefield, thanks for the info I would have been stumped there for a while.

@Knet-2020 I have posted in the introductions to say hello. Please don't think that I have not done any research on this, I have spent two days just reading as many posts as I can to gain the information I need before making my first post, all I have done is to ask for some clarification. Don't forget it is going to be a very steep learning curve for me and other new members who have no past knowledge of the dream box, linux, images etc. In time I hope that I will be able to help out other members with their questions on Dreambox, then they can do the same this is how forums become a success.

Never would I post to someone looking for help oh go of and read it someone else!! whats the point of bieng in the forum if your not going to help out?

BTW I was able to download before making my first post

Frenchman

PROBLEM after PROBLEM

hi my friend is having trouble with this section of installation....

Browse to /tmp and copy the addon_mgcamd.bin (included with dm500_nplus_1106Z.img image) there.

Press the DREAM button on the remote goto Service, Software update. Change the Updatemode to manual (ftp) now search for update.
You should see addon_mgcamd.bin listed move onto it and press OK, choose yes to install the camd.

Everytime he puts the mgcamd.bin file in the correct place we cant seem to find it whensearching the dbox??? what is he doing wrong.?

mr_p said:
hi my friend is having trouble with this section of installation....

Browse to /tmp and copy the addon_mgcamd.bin (included with dm500_nplus_1106Z.img image) there.

Press the DREAM button on the remote goto Service, Software update. Change the Updatemode to manual (ftp) now search for update.
You should see addon_mgcamd.bin listed move onto it and press OK, choose yes to install the camd.

Everytime he puts the mgcamd.bin file in the correct place we cant seem to find it whensearching the dbox??? what is he doing wrong.?

Is he attached to the PC AND TV and the same time, if like some his PC is in a different place and he 'unplugs' the dream to move it back to the TV it'll lose it, you need to have both connected to do it this way OR get round it by using one of the backup images, delete all the bouquets and do a new scan then save this as your backup.

Viewing Channels Correctly

Hi'

I got a minor problem with dreambox, can anybody help?

I've followed satchmo's guide and have installed neutrino 116Z (although most people seem to prefer Gemini). I've transferred the files and performed an automatic scan. I'm in telewest region, it brought back loads of channels but the main terrestrial channels are not tuned in properly, it's like they need fine tuning. it's not coincidence that it's happening to all the movie channels as well.

what have done wrong? help is always appreciated

:Cheers:

wizdom said:
Hi'

I got a minor problem with dreambox, can anybody help?

I've followed satchmo's guide and have installed neutrino 116Z (although most people seem to prefer Gemini). I've transferred the files and performed an automatic scan. I'm in telewest region, it brought back loads of channels but the main terrestrial channels are not tuned in properly, it's like they need fine tuning. it's not coincidence that it's happening to all the movie channels as well.

what have done wrong? help is always appreciated

It could perhaps be a signal strength problem.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's that, the other channels are showing perfectly with good signal strength. Don't the main channels have a strong signal and therefore should the easier channels to pick up? Is it a problem withthe image?

A few little bugs???

hi,

thanks to such a detailed guide I managed to load my dreambox with the neutrino image a few days ago, thanks alot for putting that together!!

A few probs though, when I turn the volume up or down the button changes the channel releative to the direction pressed? I've had aplay around with the key settings in the menu but there's no assignment for the volume. this only happens the once then volume acts as it should do. Thought I could live with it but it really starting to bug me now!!

Secondly before I went onto neutrino (from gemini2.5) I had all the front row channels working fine (although no epg), but now I only have about 5, and again with no epg?? Why's that and can I get them back??

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!

Thanks alot

I've got the same problem, when i press the mute button a few times the volume seems to start working again. Not perfect, but it's a workaround. Do you have any problems viewing channels 1 - 5?

Does it change channel when you use the volume down key? it's just I thought that it only changes channel when the volume is set to max, ie if your already set to max and then you press volume up it changes channel instead.

Frenchman

Yeah it did change channel when I pressed the volume down key as well. Not sure if the volume was set to maximum or not. I can't checked now as I've switched to Gemini 2.5, it's works great for me (apart from no now and next in the epg)

I can confirm the channel changing on my neutrino as well when pressing the volume sometimes. Also another thing is with the neutrino on the dbox you can browse through your bouquets using the left and right buttons but with the dreambox remote it only changes the volume.

loady said:
I can confirm the channel changing on my neutrino as well when pressing the volume sometimes. Also another thing is with the neutrino on the dbox you can browse through your bouquets using the left and right buttons but with the dreambox remote it only changes the volume.

Loady that is fixed with my neutrino image I am about to release :)
Cheers

Back