Guide to Flash the Cloud Ibox 3 Receiver

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A Guide to flash your images on your Cloud Ibox3 Receiver.

1. Download Your Cloud Ibox3 firmware from our Downloads area:
    http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=126
  2. Find the file that you have downloaded on your PC and Extract it to a destination of your choice
    You will need to make sure you remember where you placed the files and what the folder was called (pay attn).
  3. You will need to have a usb key/pen ready and make sure that you format this drive in FAT32 Mode.
  4. For best Results use a 4GB they are said to work well ;)
  5. Copy the files over to the Usb key / pen
  6. Make sure your Cloud Ibox3 Receiver has been powered down and has no power on .
  7. Plug in your Usb pen / key containing the files into the back of the box (must be the rear).
  8. Make sure that there are no other folders or files are on the Usb Key/pen.
  9. Power up your Cloud Ibox3.
  10. The USB should now start transferring the files over to the Cloud Ibox3 Receiver (it is a good idea to have a flashing USB Key or Pen so you will see it happening).
  11. If you do not have a Flashing Pen or USB Key then leave it around 10 minutes to be on the safe side as it normally takes about 3-4 minutes to process.
  12. Turn off the power to the icloud ibox3 receiver from the mains!
  13. You now must remove the USB PenDrive or USB Key.
  14. And now turn on the mains to the box and power it up.
  15. The Cloud Ibox3 Receiver will reboot, you will see the cloud ibox3 flash screen and then it should switch on your newly installed Image.
  16. Depending on the Image you should now get a wizard screen that will guide you through the initial setup wizard.
  17. You are now ready to configure your Cloud Ibox3 Receiver how ever you want.
  18. Have Fun :)

I found this information :)

Please use at your own risk, and good luck

Regards
Mick

Last edited:
Thanks for the easy guide.

But i am having problems flashing. Have tried 3 different usb sticks and tried different images. None of them can be read by the box and have 'boot' stuck on box screen. Any ideas?

Thanks for the easy guide.

But i am having problems flashing. Have tried 3 different usb sticks and tried different images. None of them can be read by the box and have 'boot' stuck on box screen. Any ideas?

Inside the flash folder rename the noforce to force if it is not already.

Inside the flash folder rename the noforce to force if it is not already.

Sorry for the late reply. The folder already contains FORCE folder. Everytime i reboot the box with the usb image to flash, it just wont read the usb files. At the moment, i have 'boot' on box lcd and the Openvix logo on tv screen.
Can this box be flashed using rs232 cable? USB seems to do nothing at all.

Thanks

should work are you removing usb stick before rebooting?

Not it can not be flash any-other way than usb.

Try another usb stick and format the stick with the HP format tool.

can I please have help using my cloud ibox 3 recently got one but needs flashed , trying to do it my self but I don't have permission

can I please have help using my cloud ibox 3 recently got one but needs flashed , trying to do it my self but I don't have permission

Rat sorted you out on you other threads downloads wise.

If you need help sorting your ibox 3 then please be specific as to what your trying to do.

loaded new bootloader,images installed ok but after boot logo just flashes a broken image then black screem .. any ideas

Had to reload image crossepg update corrupted image somehow!

Thanks

there he is

Attachments

• openpli 7.3 cloud Ibox3-2020-09-28.zip
    71.6 MB · Views: 1
Back