GU10 led bulbs

earthshayker

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some bulbs for my kitchen and was looking at the led ones could anyone let me know their experiences ie: how bright are they compared to the standard gu10 50w and how long did they last/ are you happy with them.
Where is the cheapest to buy
Thanks

I'd agree with Mairyhinge on them being directional. I haven't tried them but I could imagine them being quite bright but wouldn't fill the room quite as well as a regular GU10.

Biggest plus though would be a longer life.

ohhh I'm still not sure I was looking to save some dosh and get brighter lights

My mate put some up in his kitchen but the light emitted was very poor. I would stick to the normal GU10

LED lights are useless for illuminating large spaces.

You can buy GU10s quite cheaply if you look around (not large stores)

I work for an electrical wholesaler and you can pick a GU10 LED lamp up for about £5.99+ VAT and they run at about 2 watts but they are not that very good as there more like a beam down to the floor, i would just stay with the standard GU10 they give of the best light and it's more spread out and it will only cost you about £1.25 + vat maybe cheaper if you go to an electrical wholesaler.

Must say LED's are not quite there yet, but I use compact flurescent replacements and they work just fine and give out plenty of light and last 10 times longer. The ones I use are 9w from Megaman and you can get them from Ryness

Those compact lamps are £9.99 each I've got nine I've my extension......that would be a lot of electricity to claw back

I've tried the LED ones at work. In summary............feckin shite m8!!!!
The compact flourescent ones on the other hand aren't bad at all. They sometimes need a couple of minutes to warm up to full brightness. Also some 11watt units are longer than standard halogen units so may sit proud of the fitting.

Curly

Back