GTA4 Benq is there a fix?

markovgy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all as a lot of people are aware GTA4 is having problems on a lot of benq drives and I'm unfortunate enough to be one of there :( i've still not had chance to play the game :O

I've never had a problem burning any other game.. I've done the exact same process as i would for any other game

I've tried different discs
I've tried imgburn and clonecd
I've tried burning at different speeds.
No Joy! :(

I didn't mod the console.. i was a fool to not learn and i got someone local to do it for me. It was done not long ago at all so i'm assumin it's one of the latest flash files. It was done a matter of 2/3 months ago.

Is there a fix at all for the benq for GTA4 im really wanting to play the game and considering just buying another 360 if that's what i have to do :| .. i've heard something about reflashin the drive at a different speed.. I'm sure it is currently flashed at 8x.

If it makes any difference my 360 is PAL and the game downloaded is definitely the PAL version

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Mark

sounds like you have tryed every think mate to me...

my one playes ok in the sammy drive on 12 speed and thats the fastest.

me i wouldent think its your drive if all other games play and burn ok..maybe its the GTA download itself thats no good..

? if this is the first time you have had problems with a game i would deff say its the download thats fcked...

what happens wen you try to play the burnt game in your 360..? doss it freez up

My son-in-law has the Benq as does my brother-in-law, I burnt them GTA4 on cheapo AONE discs and they both boot and play perfectly. Strange one this, have you tried Verbs?

Like Partycan, I also have a Sammy set at 12x and my backups burnt at 8x on cheap shit discs always work :)

[Afterthought]

Could it be the image of GTA?

Have u tried an alternative release?

Last edited:
its the
Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_MULTI5_PAL_READNFO_XBOX360-iCON
i don't think there are any other versions of the PAL release available. I've seen two version of the NTSC version but obviously this would not be suitable
everything extracted okay and based on reviews from were i located the torrent it has been fine for most
it is apparent that its mainly the benq drive doing this and only with GTA4 i can try the game on my mates sammy i suppose tomorrow but i can almost guarantee it will work on his but not mine :(

can't think what more to do..

when i hit play game all i get is a black screen even after being left for 2 hours i can't even reach a loading screen lol. I've tried other games recently so the burner is still fine. i've tried various discs but not Verbs..

I'm almost stuck of what to do. Would re flashing at 12x make much of a difference ;)

Just noticed

When burnt with cdclone it comes up with black screen
When burnt with imgburn error message unreadable disc please clean disc

Last edited:
Back