GTA IV Puts the Freeze on Some Consoles?

i aint tried gta on my 60gb ps3 yet, i have been away since the weekend. but i spoke to my cousin who has a 60gb and he has had no problems. i hope i dont either, i will let you know

Game just froze up on me there, now I can't get it started again. Took disc out, restarted system............

Just stuck on

"LOADING - THE MASTER AND THE MOLOTOV"

had 4-5 tries now & it won't work.

This kinda crap always happens to me.

I have played several hours and have experienced no probs on ps3. Is this freezing in any particular place on the game or online (haven't played online much, still getting used to controls, had my first online game last night, RobC11 invited me in).

I have had it freeze on me maybe twice all the PS3 does is restart itself, it aint bothered me that much though.

@ Enticity. It was a good laugh last night i enjoyed it. Cant wait to get a DW GTA war going lol
:banana:

Hmmm.. This Is Making Me Weary Of Buying It Now Anyone Know If Its Only The 60 gbs That do It ? Or Any Other Info ?

Hmmm.. This Is Making Me Weary Of Buying It Now Anyone Know If Its Only The 60 gbs That do It ? Or Any Other Info ?

Not too sure but mine is a 60GB console but when its done it its only online and there is still issues regarding the online play. Hopefully when these issues get sorted it will stop it, but like i say its only happened to me twice. Don't let it put you off buying it, its worth putting up with for now as off line play is unaffected.

I have had it freeze on me maybe twice all the PS3 does is restart itself, it aint bothered me that much though.

@ Enticity. It was a good laugh last night i enjoyed it. Cant wait to get a DW GTA war going lol
:banana:

Yeah, it was good fun but not when you kept killing me lol. A DW clan war would be ace!

This game hasn't frozen on me once on the ps3, hope it stays that way. Only time my ps3 freezes up or reboots itself is when playing cod4.

no game has ever froze up on me i have the 60gb lol been playing gta non stop lol

i've not washed ate or shaved since tuesday

lol ko

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

This game hasn't frozen on me once on the ps3, hope it stays that way. Only time my ps3 freezes up or reboots itself is when playing cod4.

Looks like i spoke to damn soon. Tried to play GTA4 after i last posted and its frozen 5 times, 4 times when loading up and the other time just as was about to start a mission at which point i gave up. Not impressed at all, online play was p*ssing me right off but now i can't play single player at all.

Good job my other games work fine though. Guess i'll have to wait til Rockstar/Sony release a patch to fix the problem til i play GTA4 again.

Game just froze up on me there, now I can't get it started again. Took disc out, restarted system............

Just stuck on

"LOADING - THE MASTER AND THE MOLOTOV"

had 4-5 tries now & it won't work.

This kinda crap always happens to me.

same here i`v got the 40gig ps3 will keep trying

Mines a 40 gig one too.

Got it going again today, but when I tried to play this evening, same issue.

can't get onto the game at all.

I was playing it all last night both offline and on and the only freezing i had was the coppas shouting it at me :proud:

been paying offline on 60gig had a black screen a few times sometimes comes back on other times i have to restart the ps3 :(

as i said been having probs aswell but what i do is take the disk out give it a rub on my t-shirt and away she go`s again all good here now

i also have had issues last night with the game freezing while loading.

i dont know if it was coincidence or what, but when i turned off the external hard drive i had plugged in it worked no problems.

more realistically is what i ahbe read on a few forums about the freezing. apparently it is to do with the game accessing the servers online. even though you aint playing the game online, it is still connected to the net to update stats etc on the rockstar social club site. if the game is having any difficulties accessing these servers then it will hang and crash. apparently it can be solved by disabling the interent connection on the ps3 while playing the offline game. this has worked for some people, but it also hasnt worked for others.

this might not even be the issue, but its plausible.

a lot of gameres have had problems with this game and a number of copies have been returned to various retailers. However with the patch coming out soon, the issue should be sorted.

Back