GTA IV Puts the Freeze on Some Consoles?

mxwizard

Inactive User
Reaction score
Gaming site Kotaku has reported on instances in which Grand Theft Auto IV is freezing up during the game's intro, and Rockstar customer support is apparently aware of the situation.
Kotaku's Brian Crecente couldn't get a confirmation out of Rockstar directly, so he called up Rockstar support posing as an afflicted GTA IV consumer.

Crecente wrote, "The man told me that the problem is apparently only affecting the 60 GB version of the PlayStation 3, but that it didn't matter than my particular console was a launch console. ...He said the problem is not across the board for the 60GB PS3s but rather only impacts some, so their tech folks are working around the clock to try and figure out what is causing the issue."

Crecente added, "He also said that the Xbox 360 is having the 'exact same problem,' which has further stumped their tech folks."

Strange. I'm running GTA IV on a 60-gigger PS3 and have had no problems whatsoever, outside of being bathed in complete sweetness, but I don't find that too bothersome. Crecente said that he's not sure about how widespread the problem is, but it sure sounds like it's affecting more than a few people.

Source: next-gen.biz

Well i have a 60gb version and can confirm it freezing issues have affected me. It's throughout the whole game, no warning your just running around playing the game and it'll just freeze. It's a feckin pain in the arse especially after queuing up for it at 12 midnight the day of release. I thought it was just me till i read this i'm gonna call there customers support right now.

my mate had same issues and he took back the game and got a new one and it was fine. might just be bad disks / copies!?

i hope sony arent being cheap and using aone disks on certain batches instead of the reliable verbs!!!...oh dear

was fine. might just be bad disks / copies!?

i hope sony arent being cheap and using aone disks on certain batches instead of the reliable verbs!!!...oh dear

LMAO, Hey, you leave AONE's alone!!! :FRIGHT:

My first copy I made for the 360 crashed aswell - wasn't AONES, those would be considered 'quality discs' compared to the ones I actually used ;)

ive done this game for six other consoles(xbox360) and all played fine.

My lad has the original for 360 and it freezes, Game wont exchange it as when they check it they say it works...he knows it fekkin works but randomly freezes....twats.

My lad has the original for 360 and it freezes, Game wont exchange it as when they check it they say it works...he knows it fekkin works but randomly freezes....twats.

I'd advise your brother to stand stand his ground with the fookers and point out to Game that even Rockstar are aware of the issues mate. He who shouts loudest and all that ;)

just go back and squeeze his nipples hard if he looks like he is not enjoying it you may get a refund. :proud:

Back