grrr ebay

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if in right place , if not feel free to move , had a bit of prob with my ebay getting hacked , wasnt to bad at start as could reset password , as time went on then my password was changed and also whoever it was turned on 2 step authentication , which meant when i wanted to send a temporary password to my account i couldnt because of 2 step , i got in touch online , and was told i needed to ring customer services , they gave me a number ring , but did not give a code , rang the number it asked for code or just say not got one , then went on to ask problem , then said please hold while put you throgh to an advisor , phone rang a couple of times before saying please ring back during business hours , which it did not state , tried a few times , at various times on diff days , still get the same , does anyone know how supposed to reach them

Not sure if this applies to you but on my account I can request a call back from the help section on eBay.

pass as i say i cant get into it , also not sure if they altered my contact number , as when clicked on reset password only 10 digits shown instead of 11

Had a similar issue where it said my account was suspended and I needed to contact support. I couldn't contact support at all as I couldn't find a phone or email for them. I just cancelled the card on the eBay account and created a new account.

Seems more and more companies are doing this crap with support where you have to contact them via Facebook or Twitter to get help seems mad to me when they ask you for an email to sign up so there should be an option for email.

I had a query and (although I can't remember where I found it) I got an on-screen message to say I would get a call back.
It started at 78 minutes waiting, then 100+, then it said the facility was not available.
Next thing you know I got an email from them to advise that I missed their call, a call that I had received but couldn't be bothered to wait around for!
Best of luck, you'll need it:(....

not sure if in right place , if not feel free to move , had a bit of prob with my ebay getting hacked , wasnt to bad at start as could reset password , as time went on then my password was changed and also whoever it was turned on 2 step authentication , which meant when i wanted to send a temporary password to my account i couldnt because of 2 step , i got in touch online , and was told i needed to ring customer services , they gave me a number ring , but did not give a code , rang the number it asked for code or just say not got one , then went on to ask problem , then said please hold while put you throgh to an advisor , phone rang a couple of times before saying please ring back during business hours , which it did not state , tried a few times , at various times on diff days , still get the same , does anyone know how supposed to reach them
ebay {facepalm}

Back