Grr... im going to cut my phoneline

K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Renewed my car insurance 2 weeks ago with the halifax.. did a search using moneysupermarket :)

Untick the box in the small print as i always do to stop them passing my information on to third parties..

But since that day i swear ive had 7+ phonecalls a day asking me to take car insurance out?? why would i do that when they can clearly see that my renewal date had past?? what do they think im driving without insurance till someone offers me the best deal..

And to top it off.. they have past my number on to other companies for life insurance this, accident insurance that.. oh and did i mention health cover??

I swear if i took all these policies out i would be covered for chipped finger nails and loss of hair..

for the past 2 days ive come home and took the phone off the hook for the night.. and when i answer the phone when its not i dont answer with "hello" its "is this about car insurance" GRRRRRR

P"sinn" LEAVE ME ALONE YOUR WINDING ME UP AND ANOYING THE WIFE GRRRR$

Last edited:
Get caller i.d., it costs a couple of quid a month or whatever but at least then you can ignore every call that starts in 08... and also every withheld call.

Also get an answer phone or again get BT (or whoever you are with) to provide you with an automated answer phone service, again does not really cost much and saves you missing any important calls.

Cheers mate, phoned virmin up last night for caller ID, still waiting for it to become active.. (only just released in this area)... should be on by tommoro..

got the answering service already :)...

really gets on my nerves.. im having to pay for extra services to avaid people like this..

I wouldnt mind if it was a dialer(well i would ) but when i answer theres a person there waiting to sell me something...

what i do is stay on the phone with them as long as i can really wind them up as they get comission and then pull out at last minute ive put one on hold before and they was still there when i got back from the shop 20 mins lol

I love it when they call, I always say hold on i'll be right back and walk off and check after half hour. You'll be surprised how many hold off. Then I ask what it is they want and say I'm not interested. Pisses them right off.

Btw, in case you're thinking why clog up the line. I only ever get non important calls on the landline so anyone else just calls me on the mobile so fun and games people.

was told you might need to reg 2-3 times for it to kick in tho kalipo
just info for you m8 not sure how true it is as the cc told me lol

when i used to get these annoying calls, i used to ask them to repeat the last sentence as it is a bad line, and then ask them to speak clearer and louder as line is bad, and after 3 or times of saying can you repeat that as i can't hear you properly, they hung up LOL

Just answer the phone pretending to be a local fast food vendor lol

"Hello 'VENDOR NAME' can I take your order?"

Make sure you let your friends and family in on it first though ;)

My Mum actually screens her call with her answer machine before answering the phone, may be a better idea.

:)

I tell these people too fush off all the time.
I get allsorts through the post too. Like life insurence and pensions. Im only god damn 16!!

Theres a script online somewhere. And you ask them questions and if they refuse or give you a wrong answer you can actually take them to court for it.

If you have caller ID. You should be bale to blacklist their numbers.

Do what I used to do, tell them your number is ex-directory because your on the witness protection scheme and you now need to inform the police and procurator fiscal or whatever it is where you live of the call but the probably know already as they monitor your calls and they can probably expect a call from them. so could they remove your number from their database.

works like a charm hardly ever get a call. even with recorded messages just wait till they put you through and do the same.

Last edited:
with the searchs i just put random numbers in. made the mistake of putting my mobile in and got tons of calls

Back