Sensible Topic Growing my first beard.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As title, it was on my bucket list to grow a beard, nothing outlandish but a compact tidy one if that was possible. After 3 days I have got impressive facial hairs which some guides said would take weeks.

So what should i do, i don't want it to grow out of control and look like a homeless, unkempt, drop out.

get a beard trimmer with an adjustable head so you can keep it tidy

Get a Beard Trimmer and start shaping the beard how you want it. It will itch till it gets over a certain length then it will stop. keep it clean, plenty stuff on the market now. Started growing a beard the morning after I left the Army and had one ever since

I’ve had a beard now for about 4 years. Feels weird when I shave it off. It is a lot cheaper and easier to keep, than shaving on a regular basis.

I grow on in the Autumn and take it off in the spring each year. Weeks 2-4 are an arse, constant itching!!
You get accustomed to it, so after a while the itchiness drops off.
I used the Loreal men expert range of products this year, wash and oil and I found it ideal for me.

As others have said, get a decent trimmer to keep it tidy.
I settled on between 7 and 9mm.

I like this stuff

Apothecary 87

weren't they on dragons den recently? the stuff looks very familiar

Get a Beard Trimmer and start shaping the beard how you want it. It will itch till it gets over a certain length then it will stop. keep it clean, plenty stuff on the market now. Started growing a beard the morning after I left the Army and had one ever since

what is the length it stops itching? i have attempted to grow one a few times but after 2 week of scratching my face off i just give up.

____update____
actually it was a different crowd who were on DD, looks like one ripped off the other as they are very similar.

www.mobros.co.uk

Last edited:
The Itching will depend on how coarse you hair is and how sensitive your skin is.. If your very sensitive it will itch longer, using a product to soften the hair will help
Never saw them on DD, But a shop where I buy my boots now stock it.

This Guy just started his own shop but Ive been buying shoes of him for years where he was before. The Shoe Room

Back