Grey Hair @ 5 ?

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife just pointed out to me a grey hair on my 5 year old daughter :err:

I havent done much searching yet but wondered if anyone else has heard of this at such a young age ?

its only 1 strand but still a little concerned

thanks peeps :)

its not even a patch its one strand of hair lol

I know its not major but Ive never heard of someone so young

When I was a lad I used to get what my mum called 'strength' hairs occasionally. Had dark hair - bald as a coot now mind - but single strands of white hair used to appear now & then, seemed to grow longer & quicker than the others too. Wish I had some now................
Might be something similar for your lass.
HH.

:) you could be right HH

obviously Im going to keep an eye on things but I dont think its much to worry about tbh

i was getting the occasional grey hair at a young age

then about in my 20's i started getting more

i am 30 now and about 2% of my hair is grey

i expect to be fully grey by 50 :)

My wife just pointed out to me a grey hair on my 5 year old daughter :err:

I havent done much searching yet but wondered if anyone else has heard of this at such a young age ?

its only 1 strand but still a little concerned
probably a rogue follicule. hair strand badly rooted and does not have colour pigments. One strand is nothing to worry about. Keep an eye on other areas of her head for the future.If her hair is very course and dry,giove her cod liver oil,not the capsules. the liquid is terrible tasting but mix it with some orange juice.You will see a very big difference in a two week period.

think your right m8 :) Ive been reading about colour pigment in hair

her hair is fine and soft and not course at all

thanks for the replys all :)

ive got grey hair myself.. always have,.. the lads at school would point at my hair.. think its normal...

Ain't got a clue what it could be mate but i can remember back in my school days a lad in my class having something similar his hair was a light brown blondy colour and he had a patch of white hair about the size of an old fifty pence piece looked abit like a pigeon $hit on his head lol.

My dad was completely grey haired by the age of 18,he had the last laugh though...
He always had a full thick head of hair,never went thin or balding while all his mates who laughed did..

Back