green screen when plug in

kpilky

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello to all, just bought a nokia dbox2 2x & when i plug it in there is no text on lcd or tv. all i see is light green back ground on lcd of the dbox. help needed please. the box will not boot up at all & i cannot connect it to pc.

sounds as if box isnt in debug mode mate ...

If you are not getting any text in the lcd, then the box is faulty, and i would contact the seller and ask for an exchange.

Do you get anything like this screen when you turn it on:

dbox-display-debug.jpg

If you do, then you might be able to get away with using IFA to flash a new image. If you don't, then the box is most certainly faulty.

It the lcd is faulty there is nothing on the screen.
First thing is to check the boot log and if there is nothing the next step is to check if a bootp request is coming from the box.

hi, nothing at all on lcd but light green colour. no text & flashing assistant just comes up with a page full of wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sorry for taking time to get back but i work long hours.i allready have a nokia dbox2 working, but my partner thought it a good idea to buy one for bedroom.
only she did not read the auction fully & it said sold as faulty no returns.

It there is a reaction from the box maybe something is possible.
Install plain bootmanager, disable all option beside com 9600, connect pc and box via null modem cable, plugin your box and post the output from com terminal.

Back