Got this email today!

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Listen everyone i got this email today (from me mum lol) and it reminded me of one of those scams where you get into some triangle and pay everyone

BUT its about petrol

There is nothing to pay all you need to do is forward it on and i think if you read it you might agree

AGAIN I HAVE NEVER BEEN INTO THESE EMAIL PASS ON THINGS BUT TODAY I PAID £90 QUID TO FILL UP MY VAN £90 FOOKING QUID LOL

COULD IT WORK ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are hitting 123.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 2.00 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain
day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn'tcontinue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us
to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, weconsumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see theprice of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase
ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of
Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send i
t toat least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to atleast ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reachedover THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and
not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of ussends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,
all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the
next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE
RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your
petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.boycott BP and Esso
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got this email, seen it hundreds of times before

probs the only chain letter that could actually do what it says

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

well i can email it to almost 40000 people :) (LMAO)

sorry mickie but it wont work mate :( sadly the fuel all comes from one refinery per area so the companies in control of the price at the top still get there £££ no matter where you buy your fuel sadly :( I dont dissagree though that is not a good idea, it is.

Can I direct you all to http://britainsrevolting.co.uk/php/search.php This is a newly set up forum for fuel protesting, The one I promoted before was just a front for people wanting to take the glory but not show support for the people that brought them that glory. They had there aims firmly set on Truckers..! This forum truely is for everyone, No preferance to any one group.
We are newly setting up, so numbers are low. But we need the support of as many people as we can get to get this place off the ground. It would be great if you could email a promo email to the members for me mickie ? Obviously approved by you before.

Cheers all

sorry mickie but it wont work mate :( sadly the fuel all comes from one refinery per area so the companies in control of the price at the top still get there £££ no matter where you buy your fuel sadly :( I dont dissagree though that is not a good idea, it is.

Can I direct you all to http://britainsrevolting.co.uk/php/search.php This is a newly set up forum for fuel protesting, The one I promoted before was just a front for people wanting to take the glory but not show support for the people that brought them that glory. They had there aims firmly set on Truckers..! This forum truely is for everyone, No preferance to any one group.
We are newly setting up, so numbers are low. But we need the support of as many people as we can get to get this place off the ground. It would be great if you could email a promo email to the members for me mickie ? Obviously approved by you before.

Cheers all
so transaction-2007 was only after representing hauliers in the end? Now there is a twist in the tale....

so transaction-2007 was only after representing hauliers in the end? Now there is a twist in the tale....

seems so mate, there forum has been taken offline for whatever reason. Alot went on in the mods area, and one of the founders went on a banning spree..!
Accused me of being too BNP ! just because I know the bloke who runs the party, dont mean I go round being a racist thug ! lol. I give a African lady a lift to college each day that im friends with, does that make me African.. does in there logic lol.

Alot went on behind the scene's and the owners lied to the staff and members its seems... the mods lied not knowing they were, as we just passed on information we were given.

Looks like they were there own downfall in the end. could of ben a good forum.

Also seen that dozens of times, they just change the price everytime. Its just a way of spamming emails. Anything that says pass this on is spam.

Price of oil is high...thats just life, I dont like it anymore than anyone else but sending emails will not solve it. Even if people got off their asses and protested and got a reduction from the government...do you not think they will just put that reduction on something else.

Also seen that dozens of times, they just change the price everytime. Its just a way of spamming emails. Anything that says pass this on is spam.

Price of oil is high...thats just life, I dont like it anymore than anyone else but sending emails will not solve it. Even if people got off their asses and protested and got a reduction from the government...do you not think they will just put that reduction on something else.

yea hope so, the RICH ! lol :banana:

I have always maintained that the cost of a reduction would be passed on somewhere else.

And tbh, I really think it would be non-essential drivers that would be lumped with it.

i know what u mean mate it seems to tell u just to not buy from 2 firms, i still think the best way is to use as little fuel as possible until they get bored of it and lower the price. oh yes, a strike would be nice :)

but anything is better than nothing.

Well m8 a lot of people voted Labour years back just hoping that would happen.....it's simple never going to happen. Joe Public will take the brunt as usual.

I fear your totally right mate, sad state of affiars in this country :(

According to the radio yesterday the UK is buying 20% less fuel than this time last year anyway.

If anyone is interested it was radio 2 at some point between 7am and 7.30, I don't recall if sources where mentioned.

Last edited:
According to the radio yesterday the UK is buying 20% less fuel than this time last year anyway.

If anyone is interested it was radio 2 at some point between 7am and 7.30, I don't recall if sources where mentioned.
that could be an indication that the UK is using more fuel economical vehicles now? or more vehicles that dont use petrol or diesel as fuel?

Unfortunately its not just about what we buy or consume but more about world consumption, China and India are consuming huge amounts and that means there is a big demand for it, so the price rises for eveyone.

Don't know whether it would work or not, but like all chain letters/pyramids the maths is woefully wrong. It presumes that the ten people who you send the email to haven't also received it from someone else. There may well be thirty million emails(or whatever) clogging up inboxes, but they aren't going to thirty million different inboxes.

Don't know whether it would work or not, but like all chain letters/pyramids the maths is woefully wrong. It presumes that the ten people who you send the email to haven't also received it from someone else. There may well be thirty million emails(or whatever) clogging up inboxes, but they aren't going to thirty million different inboxes.
no, they are probably all in my yahoo mail inbox...

that could be an indication that the UK is using more fuel economical vehicles now? or more vehicles that dont use petrol or diesel as fuel?

You'd hope so, but is 12 months going to make 20% difference in fuel consumption?

It didn't help that thats all Sarah Kennedy said. Nothing about previous months, nothing about steady decline, nothing about plateauing off etc...

Unfortunately its not just about what we buy or consume but more about world consumption, China and India are consuming huge amounts and that means there is a big demand for it, so the price rises for eveyone.

Fully aware of that. If our demand is down, then price increase is logically due to an increase in the base product, i.e. crude oil, and or inflation.

*Wonders if this 20% drop is how the government thought they could get away with a 2p increase before crude prices went up*

Last edited:
Back