got new ntl box...shall i???

lefty1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey ppl, ok the engineer jus left, he nstalled a new box, its a sammy smt-2100c box...iv got the old pace box too and thats already modified. All i needed is the connection from ntl cos the cable underground was torn apart or sumfin, nehow, theyve done it now and its up n runnin. I got 2 boxes now too :D. Neway, my point is, now that im connected, im paying the monthly contract fee for the basic package....shall i connect my pace box and proggy my fun card? or would they find out im running a modified box? cos i can quickly program it now and itl b up and running but i duno whether ntl will clock on?

also this is my new home, so im not sure whether im ex c&w, ntl etc?? how do i find out?

thanks alot guys!

me

i donk think the cc can find out if ure running a modded box if the talk back is cut.

If your worried, then put a splitter inline and have the sammy hidden somewhere out of sight so if the cc want to "talk" to it then they can - but you will infact be watching the pace on the telly

If your talk back is cut on the PACE the cable company will not be able to find out. Which area are you in?

thanks peeps.
ok well i havent cut the talk back on the sammy as yet il do that wen i split the cable for view upstairs. So il jus install my pace box n watch off that for now...im in essex mate...outskirts of east london.

@Rachit

Mate if you are talking about modding your subbed box i would stay clear of doing that. The first golden rule of modding is not to touch the subbed box, as it could come back and bite you in the backside later on.

However the choice is yours....

whats a subbed box if you dnt mind me asking? and im stuck on channel 7! iv put my modded pace box on and progged the card, but stuck on that channel? :S

m8 dont ever mess with subbed boxes as they are subbed ,and one day theyll want em back.

oh s*** also it jus said that my set top box is being updated with that blue c&w screen....thats wen i put my pace box in!!! is this a bad thing, are ntl taking down information?

oh subbed boxes, u mean the ones they provide me with? ok this sammy box il leave alone then, il buy another off ebay. but the one i had b4, the pace one, iv modified, but i moved houses now they wont ask for it back, cos i disconnected ntl for a yr as i had it modified, not once did they ask for it back?

Just remember to watch your subbed box once in a while or at least leave it on a channel or they might just start to wonder why you are paying subs but never actually turning the box on.

Also, make sure your subbed box doesn't receive the signals from the remote you use for your modded box. If it does then your subbed box is going to follow the channels you set on your modded box and they may wonder why you are spending so long on channels you cant watch !

rachit said:
also this is my new home, so im not sure whether im ex c&w, ntl etc?? how do i find out?

HiYa,

Try Here Region Checker

I think it is advisable to leave your Subscribed (Subbed) box on stream and add a splitter.

Also I think I've read some where you are better off not trying to read the card to your Subbed box as it will be marked?????

ok som1 tell me wat a subbed box is pls? and if i can watch only one channel without being obvious that iv modded the box, there hardly any point in me moddin the box, i rather buy another one? also i got a brand new sammy with the remote does that matter? hmmm also wen i installed my pace box, it said updating my set top box from the c&w blue window, is that normal? im gettin stuck on channel 7 as well!! aarghh!

oh subscribed lol ok...so i shall i buy a new one which isnt 'subbbed' right? next yr il prob disconnect services from ntl, ater the one yr subscription, il then b able to use the sammy they provided me today? providing they dont take it back?

Satch said:
HiYa,

Try Here Region Checker

I think it is advisable to leave your Subscribed (Subbed) box on stream and add a splitter.

Also I think I've read some where you are better off not trying to read the card to your Subbed box as it will be marked?????

thanks satch, im ex c&w same as my old home.

Hi
keep the subbed box as it is
Cos when u go vod if u aint already
U can use it to was the ppv
and pause things and much more
Since u have to pay for it y not use it

rachit said:
next yr il prob disconnect services from ntl, ater the one yr subscription

You will probably find that if you cancel the contract with the cc they will possibly disconnect you in the street unless you have broadband fitted.

Best thing to do is if you do not have broadband then just drop you subscription to the lowest (even if you phone em up saying its to expensive and see if they can do it even cheaper) and pay that....just to keep a live feed to your house

Back