got my dreambox today need help

zaf786

DW Member ++
Reaction score
hi ..i got my dreambox 500c today i want to install gemini 105 . what software do i need i have downloaded dreamup and flashwizard..whith flashwizard i can not make connection.with dreamup i cannot open gemini 105 so i can not flash ..any help will be welcome ..thanks

Have u set the ip on the dream to match the ip with flash wizard, have u set the ip addy on ur computer ??

I use windows xp, and dreambox is connected through router, as long as the permissions on pc are set to a uable level you should not have any trouble connecting box via flash wizard, once you can do that i can send you my fully working backup of your choice.

zaf786 said:
hi ..i got my dreambox 500c today i want to install gemini 105 . what software do i need i have downloaded dreamup and flashwizard..whith flashwizard i can not make connection.with dreamup i cannot open gemini 105 so i can not flash ..any help will be welcome ..thanks

Have a look at my question 'is it dead?' from last week. If you have the enigma still running then getting the gemini up and working is a doddle.
1 make sure that if your using driect connection between the dream box and PC that you have a x cable ethernet.
2 go to the menu ,stettings, advanced. and change the Ip address of the dreambox to a number below your pc's ip address save it and exit. Flashwizzard should then work.
3 Loded gemini 1.05 first then did a reboot and loaded gemini 2.5 on top and it worked fine.

dreambox running now thanks...

hi ..i would like to thank everyone who answered my post about me having trouble with my dreambox.i am happy to say i got it going last night and it is still going strong .out of intrest i am using neutrino image nthell area it scanned about 380 channels no frontrow .i was not really expecting so many services with dreambox.but it looks good..keep it going lads...: :: santahat

zaf786 said:
hi ..i would like to thank everyone who answered my post about me having trouble with my dreambox.i am happy to say i got it going last night and it is still going strong .out of intrest i am using neutrino image nthell area it scanned about 380 channels no frontrow .i was not really expecting so many services with dreambox.but it looks good..keep it going lads...: :: santahat

Another satisisfied customer.... good stuff. Make sure you do a BACKUP of your image now so if you need to restart you have a good starting point

: santahat

if you are in pure n*l and have front row and not vod you still have some work to do if you want front row
to get front row you will have to edit xml files in services xml (ultraedit)
do a serch of forum you will see i have covered this before

they only other way is to find someone who has all ready done this and ask kindly if they will give you their xmls they will need to know what location you are in again do a sraech cos there are some allready here

Back