Got a Wii this weekend

Curly

Inactive User
Reaction score
In between Bro and Mairyhinge. Hold that thought..
Well I got one on Saturday so I'll be popping in here more often now lol
I only had a few goes when I could get the controls off the kids.
I'm acheing like fook now with all the tennis and boxing lol

I naturally thought about chipping the thing. :proud:
Would I be right in thinking I'd be better waiting 'till it's 12 months old before taking the lid off, as it's under warranty, or would the downloadable games outweigh the benefits of the warranty???

Curly

I brought ours last month and I was wondering about chipping it guess if you download and play 6 games in a twelve month period you would have got your moneys worth. I had to get the remote changed last week as one of the kids managed to break it, would be interesting to know how many people have had recourse to use the warranty.

Yeah that thought crossed my mind too m8.
What are the chances of me having to send the console away in the first 12 months???

It broke my heart having to buy a couple of games for the thing lol
I must admit to having a grin to myself when I saw all the DS games on the next shelf ;)

Curly

I would chip it or get it chipped and have games comming out of your ears
I have chipped wii's that customers have had foryear and always said I wished i had done that sooner
if your a bit worried maybe play if for few weeks with wii sports so you happy in working ok

Some cant wait and they that new I have had to set up the console as it not been plugged in before, but thats not a great idea it is best to try them first

my wii was not even an hour old when i chipped it LOL (well an hour from the shop that is)

check the serial m8, as there are some new boards out that are not currently moddable.

either myself or xbc can look after you via postal.

If you bought it from the likes of Argos within the last few weeks the chances are that it is not chippable yet anyway.

No doubt its the usual waiting game.

Messa

I got it from Game not Argos. How can I check if it can be done?
What's the clue in the serial number??
I'm a complete noob with this lot lol

Edit: Just read the link posted by messa. I'll have to check tonight.
Just my luck lol

Curly

Last edited:
Check the serial number and then you'll need to open her up and check the main drive board to see if the D2C chip has another row of numbers underneath, if it doesn't then it could be one of the new ones that can't currently be done.

Update

I've just had a look at the serial.
It begins LEH18670........

As for looking at the chip, I couldn't even figure out how the lid comes off lol

Anyone any ideas if it be chipped, or am I playing the waiting game??

Curly

It may or not be moddable......185's are hit and miss, 186's are too, Ive only seen 3 though!!!

If you wanna send it to me, Ill attempt to mod it - no guarantees.

Argon 1.8 :)

wait a week m8, then it will be moddable with argon, as they are working on new firmware for new boards.

i wil be doing these also.

It could be a month before:

A release

A srable release ;)

Infectus have yet to meet a deadine. No doubt they are ripping off D2Pro's code......I still fit Argons though, update method is second to none

Back