Google Home Mini

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Been having a play and have to say, it's a neat little toy. Ideal for Xmas. Not quite as versatile as the Echo. Seems to listen and understand better and quicker (maybe cause it's in the same room as router, where as the Echo is 2 floors down with powerline adapters connected to another routers wifi lol)

P.S the Google assistant voice is less annoying than Alexa's prim and proper lol
Saying that, if you change the language settings to US you get a very pleasant voice on the Echo ;)

Last edited:
I ordered one yesterday, I want to have a go :)

heard good things...

Mick

In all fairness, after a bit of playing and reading, it doesn't fall far short of my Echo, and it's 1/3 of the price. :)

The audio speaker may not be as good, and it only has Bluetooth in (for listening to music on a phone) no output Bluetooth so you can't link to a sound system. So if your an audiophile, it won't suffice, but if you're like me and just like a bit if company background music, then it's quite satisfactory.
It's better for answering questions (unless you've enabled the ask Google skill in the Echo development, which would be tricky for people who aren't hobbyists. :)

Suppose it's a bit better if your on an Android phone as it pairs up with your Google account etc

Last edited:
Just ordered the Google Home, using Google assistant on my phone is much more responsive than the Echo so thought i'd try the Home
I'll probably still keep the Echo (maybe) probably only worth a score now the old ones lol

For me I still use the echo, but only because of the integration into our other home items.

I find google home much better for searching things! That is to be expected as google is built on being a search engine.

Mick

Been playing with the GH since this afternoon :)
Google assistant is much more responsive than Echo imo
Sound is slightly better on the Echo
I really like the Broadcast feature on Google Home I can see that coming in handy if Im out and about and need to tell the wife something while driving and GH will tell her
Early days but GH I'm liking a lot

Back