Google Home/Mini Calling

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Big update today :)
We finally have calling in the UK, free calls from your Google Home/Mini Mobiles and landlines

Weather display...news display and YouTube controls (Chromecast v2 only for casting) and Calling
screen-shot-2017-05-17-at-10-40-09-am.png

Big update today :)
We finally have calling in the UK, free calls from your Google Home/Mini Mobiles and landlines

Weather display...news display and YouTube controls (Chromecast v2 only for casting) and Calling
screen-shot-2017-05-17-at-10-40-09-am.png
Have you tried and is it any good? I have the Echo but the voice calling relies on the other person having the alexa app installed. Tempted to get one.

Yeah tried calling on 2 mobiles and it was fine :)
I prefer the Google home to the Echo mate, in fact Echo is unplugged and in the cupboard

Broadcast is great too... for instance
If Im out in the van I just say OK Google to my phone, assistant opens and then say Broadcast"then your message" and google Home/Mini will broadcast your message to the device at home (in your own voice) if you type the message will read it out in assistants voice
Ive used broadcast a few times

If you have multiple devices, can you broadcast a message to say the one in the bedroom?
Also, if you have it linked to your google calendar, will it automatically announce the event before its due?

Thanks. I like that feature which is sadly missing with the echo.

Broadcast is great too... for instance
If Im out in the van I just say OK Google to my phone, assistant opens and then say Broadcast"then your message" and google Home/Mini will broadcast your message to the device at home (in your own voice) if you type the message will read it out in assistants voice
Ive used broadcast a few times

You must have been on the wind up with the mrs, I am always annoying the kids lol...

"Love is the tea ready, if not WHY"

Mick

Reactions: Rat
I don't know why, but I still can't get this work. I purchased my Google Home through a non-authorized dealer on eBay, it looks legit but it's functions seem limited compared to what I've seen it be able to do. Has anyone heard of Google Home clones?

Back