good web host recommendations please

Geronimoe

Inactive User
Reaction score
hiya all, need some advice for a good webhost for a e-commerce site.

I purchased a business package from 123-reg on saturday as my domain names are registered with them.
Installed joomla and had a play to get the feel of the website and god it is slow, you have to wait sometimes up to 20-30 seconds for a page to load and the backend just takes forever to do anything.
So i,ve cancelled the package this morning as the speed was driving me insane and instead of jumping in feet first would like some advice from the gurus out there.

I am trying to do this as cheap as possible which will i,m sure is going to be a steep learning curve for me as though quite good with comps this area is new to me. So looking for superfast webhosting recommendations and
a good free or cheap e-commerce platform.

I,ve had a few recommendations but would like to narrow it down as do not want to spend weeks learning one to find something better.

The site will be for parts and so will be a large database of products and will need a good search engine for product retrieval. I need it to be beginner friendly because of my lack of knowledge in this area with good support.

A lot to ask for but as we all know times are hard.

Recommended so far

shopify ?
opencart ?
zencart ?
oscommerce ?

Any good advice greatly appreciated

Geronimoe

Back