good bye dbox2

baldylocks

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have now sold both of my sagems 2xi that i have been playing with for just over a year never realy got them 100% stable so decided to try a dream 500c instead i was that impressed with the dreambox that i have just got a second one for upstairs

I would recomend a dreambox to anybody over the sagem dbox 2 they are a breeze to set up 100% stable faster and a tenth of the size

alltough i do miss the lcd display you do lern to live without it

anyhow i would like to thank all the members with the help ive received over the past year i could not have done it with out you guys this place realy rocks its my favourite place on the net

I will now reside in the drembox forum and hope to see some of you soon

thanks again for all the help recieved

johnboy

Congo-rats! How much did you get for your Sagem's if you don't mind me asking? Looking to do the same thing myself but need a decent return on my original investment.

I have now sold both of my sagems 2xi that i have been playing with for just over a year never realy got them 100% stable so decided to try a dream 500c instead i was that impressed with the dreambox that i have just got a second one for upstairs

I would recomend a dreambox to anybody over the sagem dbox 2 they are a breeze to set up 100% stable faster and a tenth of the size

alltough i do miss the lcd display you do lern to live without it

anyhow i would like to thank all the members with the help ive received over the past year i could not have done it with out you guys this place realy rocks its my favourite place on the net

I will now reside in the drembox forum and hope to see some of you soon

thanks again for all the help recieved

johnboy
hi
i got a dream the same as you but i could not part with my nokia 2x dbox(it's part of the family) still playing with it lol

i found the dream needs a booster fitted for it to get all channels working so im playing with both of them (scan on dbox convert services to put them back on to the drb)
cheers johny48

i may see you in the dreambox sect i pop out and in both but i still love my dbox

Likewise, dbox is an old friend, you kinda get attatched to them. Puts you in good stead for a dreambox though.

Never realy had signal strengh issues with dbox 2s to be honest as the big green box is right outside my house about 15ft away ive got a signal strengh of 96% on both new boxes and both sagems were runing at 63000 or over with a ber of 0%

I personally think that dbox 2s are a bit outdated now and that is where most of the issues are tired tuners ect ect

I did have lots of fun of course along the way but was trying to find somethink a bit more stable than a sagem at the end of the day

dreambox seam to be faster probally to do with the fact that there newer and faster chipsets

I still have another sagem lying around somewhere as a backup should need be

you never know

Last edited:
I'm the same as your Baldy.

Sold my sagem as heard so much positive stuff about the dreambox.

Trancemaster, i put it on fleabay at 7.30 and it was sold buy it now for 10. got £85 plus 8 p&p. offered to flash any image they wanted and include cd with all software they would need.
got positive feedback and they seem delighted.

Dreambox going well, no porbs with signal strength, i was hoping maybe get a few more channels than i did with dbox, but certainly don't have any less.

cheers to everyone for all their help and advice.

thanks

Hi dbox2 is a good machine old is gold as they say i have dreambox 500c and nokia dbox2 i think dbox2 is better never let me down****:ASSFLASH:

Ive had my dreambox 500c about 2 months now, had a bit of a freezing issue with gemini 3.40 image so flashed to a nutrino image (as im more comfortable with it as ive had my nokia dbox2 for almost a year now).

Definatly prefer the dreambox over the dbox2 but i havent been able to replace the dbox in my living room. Put the dreambox in my room. Havent had any signal problems, using 2 splitters(2 way). the first at the main feed, with coax going into dbox2 and the other upstairs, at the end of this the second splitter, 1 to dreambox and other to modem. And it works a treat.

I must say, ive recived sooooo much help from this place, if it wasnt for the guys on this forum i would have been sending my dbox2 back to the seller a year ago, im jus glad i found this place. So thank you to every1 here!!!

Back