golf

skywalker

Inactive User
Reaction score
have we got any golfers on here i used to play but havent played for around 5 or 6 years anyway just bought some more clubs and started playing again its costing me a fortune but worth it id forgotten what a great game it is

skywalker said:
have we got any golfers on here i used to play but havent played for around 5 or 6 years anyway just bought some more clubs and started playing again its costing me a fortune but worth it id forgotten what a great game it is
My position exactly m8 :)
I last played in 1997, 18 holes/day straight from work at 4pm, at least 18 at weekends, more often it would be 36 holes with medals and regional opens.
I slowly gave up over a period of time but have just got back into it this year.
I used to play off a comfortable 9, but I'm struggling to break 90 round my home course at the moment :( but hopefully I can get a bit more consistent.
A few visits to the driving range over the winter months should sharpen me up hopefully.
Glad you're enjoying it m8 :Hit:

I used to play but then I was plauged witgh back backs and shoulder injuries, must be 4 years since I last had a good walk spoilt by hitting little white balls in front of me....

Got some down time coming up at work and a few og us are going to have a hit around :)

allroad said:
i used to play aswell but just cant get time these days

same here m8..............

used to love going and teeing off at 7 o clock on a sunday morning...........

then i found the dreaded beer............lol..............

The-Dogs-Nutts said:
same here m8..............
used to love going and teeing off at 7 o clock on a sunday morning...........
then i found the dreaded beer............lol..............
Similar again lol, play golf @ 7am THEN go for beer :) :) just in time for opening. :Hit:

The Bard said:
My position exactly m8 :)
I last played in 1997, 18 holes/day straight from work at 4pm, at least 18 at weekends, more often it would be 36 holes with medals and regional opens.
I slowly gave up over a period of time but have just got back into it this year.
I used to play off a comfortable 9, but I'm struggling to break 90 round my home course at the moment :( but hopefully I can get a bit more consistent.
A few visits to the driving range over the winter months should sharpen me up hopefully.
Glad you're enjoying it m8 :Hit:
i used to play off 8 but i think id be lucky to break 100 now just cant believe how quick you lose it so bard if your breaking 90 your doing well,well done

also wifes going mad evertime she comes in i have got the golf channel on lol

I was invited to play in an Charity Texas Scramble a couple of years ago, on the top championship course in my area as my pal is the match secretary there.
I've never had such a miserable time, hitting massive hooks into whin bushes and then shanking almost every short iron. The harder I tried the worse I got. It caused much hilarity that I've never really lived down :) .
It was a real sickener and its probably why I've been reluctant to start up again.
My next door neighbour just plays for fun, probably about a 16 handicapper so he's an ideal playing partner.

funny to watch bard but not if its you there watching i know what your saying i went on the driving range they were going everwhere (wasent funny especially when all my m8s were taking the piss)

me too used top play every weekend, got myself to playing off 11, but i got to the stage where playing through the winter just wasn't worth the frozen hands and 5 days of cold. Shame really, still go to the driving range now and again, but i'd be lucky to break 100 at the moment. Lets see what the coming months bring!

I just cleaned my clubs last week, realised how ancient they were, but they still do the job.

I don't play as often as I used to, in fact I'm playing tomorrow with hatab,
the first time since june

Someone died playing golf
Fred got home from his Sunday round of golf later than normal and very tired. "Bad day at the course?" his wife asked.

"Everything was going fine," he said. "Then Harry had a heart attack and died on the 10th tee."

"Oh, that's awful!"

"You're not kidding. For the whole back nine it was hit the ball, drag Harry, hit the ball, drag Harry."

@rabp lol i know some guys like that :)

i get to play 1's a week, im not a serious golfer i go for a bit of excersie and enjoy the pint afterwards.

im playing to 15 handycap at mom and enjoying it.

i have 2 putters now and they are both poor :( well thats my excuse and im sticking to it.

i must be one of the saddest people going because i play all the time even after a 12hr night shift we go to the golf course (during the summer )and we play winter times as well (winter greens)i play of 12 now but have to admit i hit the odd bad shot still, but i enjoy it

hatab said:
@rabp lol i know some guys like that :)

i get to play 1's a week, im not a serious golfer i go for a bit of excersie and enjoy the pint afterwards.

im playing to 15 handycap at mom and enjoying it.

i have 2 putters now and they are both poor :( well thats my excuse and im sticking to it.

pmsl 15 handicap more like 10 m8

Back