Golf tips for noob!!!!!!!

micky0908

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all I,m gonna take up golf, been wanting to do it for a while,just bought a second hand set of clubs ( I know cheap skate but not gonna get a decent set till I know I like it) they are tommy arm*ur, will do till I get to grips with it, anyway I am just looking for a few tips for a complete beginner and if possible any pdf golfs guides for noobs.

Regards

Mick

Well Mick, I would have felt really comfortable giving tips on golf until now. I was out the other night and was atrocious........lol

As Mark Twain once said "Golf is a good walk spoiled"

Setanta golf has some excellent programs for tips! One being, when your having some putting practice, aim for a tee stuck in the ground. Then when you go out on the course, when putting, pick a mark inside the cup and aim for it thinking of the tee :)

If it were only that simple though ;)

Never try to hit the ball too hard. Hit the ball with the power from your hips and not your arms or shoulder.

Try and keep your heads movement to a minimum.

sorry to but in with the tips like lads , but the fookers only played tiger woods 08 the other neet on xbox live and he's went out and bought a set of clubs !!!

pmsl , oj ,mic who knows a might walk down cox green wif ya one neet and knock fook outa the turf n leg it like we used to wen we were youngns :) :Cool2:

Try Torrents m8 , I've downloaded loads of
golf AVI's , they'll help you with the basics,

A good one for starters is leadbetter beginner to winner

Get some lessons m8 and practice practice practice.

There's a lot to learn to start off with and will take a little while to fall into place but keep at it and if you catch the bug you've got a sport for life.

A couple of things to start off with are get your grip sorted first and a nice slow back swing also keep your eye on the ball, imagine theres 5p under the ball and don't move your head until you can see it, dont look to where you've hit it even before you've hit the ball, a common beginners mistake.

Goodluck!

Last edited:
As someone on here earlier pointed me, videojug has soe.me good clips on there

Never lick your balls as the grounds keeper may of sprayed weed killer ;)

See you thought I was being funny didn't you.

Also slow everything down till your hitting the ball nice and straight, imagine tram lines your feet on one and the arc of your swing force to follow the other.

Oh keep your head down, count to 2 after hitting the ball before lifting it up.

I downloaded a good instruction video "Butch Harmon Ultimate Golf" from the usual sources.
But I recommend a lesson or two before you pick up bad habits that are very hard to correct.
Cheers

Back