Golf GTi Mk4

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a golf sitting on my drive with an abs fault, I have used vag-com to read the fault and its says rh front abs sensor. This has been replaced today yet the light stays on.

I'm thinking maybe harness to the sensor.

I'm going to try the harness from one side on the other tomorrow to see if I can make the error switch sides.

Anyone had anything like this before ?

Got a golf sitting on my drive with an abs fault, I have used vag-com to read the fault and its says rh front abs sensor. This has been replaced today yet the light stays on.

I'm thinking maybe harness to the sensor.

I'm going to try the harness from one side on the other tomorrow to see if I can make the error switch sides.

Anyone had anything like this before ?

Have you driven it to see if it reads and resets ? I do not mean go for a mad dash up the road, just a nice slow jolly :) lol

i always thought you had to reset it then see if it comes back on. had an audi a4 with exactly same problem. fixed ir and it wouldnt go off, reset it and it never came back on again.

also, just make sure theres no dirt or dust on it.

does it say the actual sensor circuit is at fault??

i would road test with it showing readings from all 4 sensors

if its a circuit fault suspect sensor will stay at 0
if the hub is at fault u will get a reading thats out from rest of sensors

It says ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Front Right (G45) NG

So I've replaced the sensor with a brand new one and tried to clear fault but it wont let me.

I havnt tried driving the car to see if it goes off nor checked the cable yet.

Ok gave the sensor wire a slight tug and the wires seem correded and black inside, maybe not connecting cleanly hence the sensor report of being duff.

Can I fook remember which way round they were though, lol.

Going to strip other side so I now which wire was which, cut back harness till clean wires show then re solder new into it.

Hopefully this will work.

Ok hi fives.... Cut back the wire till it was fresh copper and not the discoloured black crap, cleared the fault with vag-com and the light has now gone off :)

Well done mate! Bit of persistance goes a long way. saved yourself a couple of hundred pounds there.

Ok hi fives.... Cut back the wire till it was fresh copper and not the discoloured black crap, cleared the fault with vag-com and the light has now gone off :)

I hope thats an officially licensed version of Vag-Com and not of those chineese clone cables :Doc:

lol..I hear chineese got VCDS working now with 912 with full CAN capibility...very intresting..

ahh watch out

u will soon notice ur abs will kick in alot

ur not supposed to alter abs wiring

the sensors send a pulse to abs ecu e.g. 50pulses every 1 sec over 1m wire
u cut wire by 5cm the abs ecu might recieve 52pulses every 1 sec

wich will trigger abs

i have had this problem first hand

Back