Goldcard???????

seanicca

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
trying to root my legend and installed SDK and open cmd to get serial etc, which i get, i then input adb shell>enter then cat/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid>enter but it always says no such file blah blah and i cant get any further, is there something i'm missing?

cheers
Sean

Last edited:
do you have the phone is usb disk drive mode not charge only etc or in an sd adaptor works. Also are you in the tools folder so did the command before the one your typing

cd <address>\android-sdk-windows\tools. eg cd C:\Users\Home\Documents\android-sdk-windows\tools

heres a youtube vid which might help too
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BpsurBvTR4]YouTube - How To - [/ame]

do you have the phone is usb disk drive mode not charge only etc or in an sd adaptor works. Also are you in the tools folder so did the command before the one your typing

cd <address>\android-sdk-windows\tools. eg cd C:\Users\Home\Documents\android-sdk-windows\tools

heres a youtube vid which might help too
YouTube - How To -

was following the guides on modaco, I've only had it a week and it took me that long to set up homescreens etc so might give it a miss for now.

Got to say it can be confusing setting up at first but once you've worked it out its a great phone, only downside I can find is battery life, but I've always plugged mine in when asleep so not a problem for me but others might not be too happy

did the command work ok? or are you still getting it cant be found?

is it a spare SD card your trying to convert?

did the command work ok? or are you still getting it cant be found?

is it a spare SD card your trying to convert?

manged to do the card, had to change 1's for 0's
problem i have now is cant get past rootedupdate.zip after the recovery mode stage. think i'll leave it till weekend when I've got a bit more time.

manged to do the card, had to change 1's for 0's
problem i have now is cant get past rootedupdate.zip after the recovery mode stage. think i'll leave it till weekend when I've got a bit more time.

What problem you having on this bit? have you kept it as a .zip and put it on the root of your goldcard?

heres steps i followed

4. Run Test RUU Installation

Turn your phone off and insert the GoldCard microsd card into the phone.
Turn the phone on and connect it to your PC (harddrive mode).
Move the rootedupdate.zip download onto the sdcard now in the phone.
Turn off your phone, and unplug it from your PC
Turn it on again while holding the back button.
You will see FASTBOOT on the screen in a red box.
Connect the phone to your Windows PC and run the textruu.exe you downloaded earlier.
Once the update is complete, your phone will enter the default configuration wizard. Turn your phone of right away at this point.
With the phone turned off, unplug it from your PC.

What problem you having on this bit? have you kept it as a .zip and put it on the root of your goldcard?

heres steps i followed

4. Run Test RUU Installation

Turn your phone off and insert the GoldCard microsd card into the phone.
Turn the phone on and connect it to your PC (harddrive mode).
Move the rootedupdate.zip download onto the sdcard now in the phone.
Turn off your phone, and unplug it from your PC
Turn it on again while holding the back button.
You will see FASTBOOT on the screen in a red box.
Connect the phone to your Windows PC and run the textruu.exe you downloaded earlier.
Once the update is complete, your phone will enter the default configuration wizard. Turn your phone of right away at this point.
With the phone turned off, unplug it from your PC.

After reading up a bit more i'be found that I'm on 1.32 so can't root yet, i'm gonna check about downgrading see if its ok that way

well after having a read about downgrading, basically found that being on 1.32 software i cant root/downgrade or debrand for now (thanks HTC/Vodafone) luckily i like the phone so it's not that bad just annoying i cant play around with my new toy yet.

Back