Going to make an appointment for an eye test.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I've always had perfect vision but now I'm struggling to read the small print on packets and jars of food etc.

I can still read a number-plate from a mile off but I'm struggling to read a fecking book!

Where is the best place to go for an eye test, an independant place or one of the big places like Specsavers?

specsavers are good m8, me mom uses another major outlet and has nothing but hassle with her lenses falling out lol

Happens to us all m8.
Its a 40ties thing eye muscles that pull focus get weak so you need reading glasses. I too have great distance vision but i can see fook all up close now.
Spec savers or vision express m8

I've always had perfect vision but now I'm struggling to read the small print on packets and jars of food etc.

I can still read a number-plate from a mile off but I'm struggling to read a fecking book!

Where is the best place to go for an eye test, an independant place or one of the big places like Specsavers?

I got the same problem it only happens when I try to read small print, its like I can't seem to focus, go down to your local Tesco and get one of them reading glasses for £2.99 I got the Style A +1.25 and it works a treat and thats after going to the opt. 3 times spending £20 a visit and them telling me there is nothing wrong with my sight.

I got the same problem it only happens when I try to read small print, its like I can't seem to focus, go down to your local Tesco and get one of them reading glasses for £2.99 I got the Style A +1.25 and it works a treat and thats after going to the opt. 3 times spending £20 a visit and them telling me there is nothing wrong with my sight.

Trouble with the off shelf reading glasses is that your eyes will probably need different strengths for each eye. Im sure you get free eye tests at specsavers

Everyone is entitled to a free eye test every 2 years.

Specsavers are my optician of choice.

I used to only wear them when I'm driving at night, or in the rain.
But now I increasingly have them on when I'm watching TV.

I don't need mine for close up stuff like using the PC.

The first time I went to get my eyes tested was a nightmare.
It turned out that I was in the Butchers :(

we as a family now use Boots and are very happy
had a real bad experiance with Optical Express so would never use them again

specsavers m8 had my eyes tested there and got me specs as i am short sighted

I'd say go to Specsavers mate. I was previously with Boots and they were absolute shite in my opinion.

Boots didn't haven't a clue what was going on, at times i'd be waiting over 30minutes for my test on a weekday. :(

don't leave it to long my dad went after putting it off for ages and the optition spotted he had diabetes and had to get laser treatment but was a little to late one of his eyes is knackered now...

whichever you choose make sure you read the small print

:roflmao:

i had mine tested a couple of times for the fun of it
as im friendly with the opthamologist
and my eye sight is fine. just a bad speller lol
also lucky enough to get ears checked also.
at the ENT clinic all on work time.

i went to boots, the main one in Manchester. I thought they were great, took their time very curtious and the optomatrist was a babe!

20/20 vision. still bought a pair of glasses with clear lenses(fcuk) they suited me.

tip-for some reason police tend to ignore you when have glasses on when driving.

Last edited:
whichever you choose make sure you read the small print

Hmm, what's the big word that describes this type of situation? :)

I'm sure Hamba will know.

I'm booked in for a test tomorrow morning. :)

Had mine done a couple of weeks ago.
I chose to go to an independent optician, you can't beat a personal service. This blokes been in our town for years.

My m8 in work who has always worn glasses told me a few years back that once you start to wear glasses that your eyes willl just get worse. I believe that now as I have been wearing them for work and reading for a few years now and they get worse every year.

My choice is specsavers. Their test are really good and the optician is also a babe, at least I think she is...I didnt have my glasses on at the time.

in scotland you are covered for a free nhs sight test every 2 years, dont think thats the case yet in england.

im at uni doing optometry and i recommend sepcsavers, black and lizars or vision express.
Specsavers are better if you are wanting to save money on glasses but B and L is better if you want a designer and more upmarket pair (although nearly all branches are in Scotland).

although each individual has different experiences with each company

once you get to around 40+ years old you lens gets weak and can no longer change shape to allow you to read small writing or any sort of close work comfortably. Its called presbyopia and will happen to everyone!

Back