going in to get tonsils removed

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
as it says guys, shitting myself! nearly 40and never been put out or under the knife. see you guys in a couple of days. im going in to the monklands so ill probably come out with c diff or mrsa! wish me luck.

Good luck fella, had mine done about 6 years ago. You'll be down and back in your room before you know it.

had it done when i was 11, but had a slight case of tonsilitis when i went in they were not going to do it then changed their mind, ended up with a terrible infection. I have broke loads of bones split my head a good few times but that was the sorest thing ive ever had done . . other than a hard boot in the baws

Best of luck stef, you'll be grand, don't forget you can have lots of icecream afterwards! ;)

I knew doctors were sadists, but that's a bit much after getting your tonsils out!

Good luck....

I'm getting my hand pinned/wired at 4 today after breaking it last week :(

I'm bored already and might have another 14 weeks off work :(

Good luck....

I'm getting my hand pinned/wired at 4 today after breaking it last week :(

I'm bored already and might have another 14 weeks off work :(

Fifth metacarpal?

Broke mine with severe angulation a long time ago.

I had the pins hanging out of my hand for five weeks, you get used to catching them on things and they can rotate a little bit and you can twiddle them round a bit.

The first I realised I wasn't getting any drugs was when the doctor started opening an autoclave bag containing some pliers. Oh yes, they take them out without giving you any medication.

I have the 2.5" long pins in a jar. Next to my drill-bit-in-a-jar which was removed by the same department several years later (I didn't let them take that out without sedation, they wanted to!).

Hopefully you will get morphine, tell them you are in lots of pain when you wake up. Dull ache with sharp pains, that will get you some of the good stuff, Tramadol is lies!!

Had my tonsils done a few years back and in the the pre op room the doc started spooning huge amounts of white powder up my nose. When I complained he said folk pay shed loads of money for that as it's pure cocaine, which we use to stop you bleeding to much. Was high as a kite for a while after that and did'nt give a f*** about the pain.

Had my tonsils done a few years back and in the the pre op room the doc started spooning huge amounts of white powder up my nose. When I complained he said folk pay shed loads of money for that as it's pure cocaine, which we use to stop you bleeding to much. Was high as a kite for a while after that and did'nt give a f*** about the pain.

He he he,,a got the same,,a remember lying back in the bed and thinking, this is a doddle having them out.
Then after the op the gave me big jaggy cream crackers..:wtf:

as it says guys, shitting myself! nearly 40and never been put out or under the knife. see you guys in a couple of days. im going in to the monklands so ill probably come out with c diff or mrsa! wish me luck.

The Monklands!

I'm sure I won't need to tell you to check to see if they've removed your ovaries, a kidney or maybe even an entire limb after the op. :)

check your feet aren't on back to front after the op. :)

Good luck m8, I knew something like that would happen to you because you insisted on blowing that Vuvuzela during every match, its bound to have had an effect...:proud:

You'll be fine mate, must admit though the toast sure aint as good as the ice cream and choc had in the old days 1960's when had mine removed.
Keep your chin up. (no pun intended )

Fifth metacarpal?

Broke mine with severe angulation a long time ago.

I had the pins hanging out of my hand for five weeks, you get used to catching them on things and they can rotate a little bit and you can twiddle them round a bit.

The first I realised I wasn't getting any drugs was when the doctor started opening an autoclave bag containing some pliers. Oh yes, they take them out without giving you any medication.

I have the 2.5" long pins in a jar. Next to my drill-bit-in-a-jar which was removed by the same department several years later (I didn't let them take that out without sedation, they wanted to!).

Hopefully you will get morphine, tell them you are in lots of pain when you wake up. Dull ache with sharp pains, that will get you some of the good stuff, Tramadol is lies!!

I did my fourth and fifth a few years back. The fourth was just a crack but when I tried to make a fist my little finger was pointing across my hand because of the rotation of the bone. When I finally got it pinned (about a month after it happened - long story lol) my hand got badly infected. The hospital told me this was nothing to do with their operation that left the prongs sticking out of hand - lol. One doctor even told me it was arthritis LMFAO. All of my fingernails fell out. After a good few courses of antibiotics and about 4 months later they eventually grew back.

Anyway, last year I popped the fifth (on my left hand this time), about 5 days before I was going on holiday, So I pulled it straight and fixed it with a home made splint. I think its healed better than the one they operated on.

As for the plier treatment, that wasnt nice at all. Mine were stuck in tight, I couldnt spin them like yours. I had 1 doctor swinging off my elbow and the other off the pliers .. lol

Last edited:
had mine out when i was about 18, 1st thing i asked the nurse was "wheres my ice cream" after she gave me cheese on brown bread.
Ice cream don't remove all the crap from the back of your throat when you swallow it she told me lol.
Like swallowing feckin razor blades.

Back