Going down the dreambox route...

Guys, just want to bring this thread back to life again.
Got a few questions about the dreambox 500c.

1. Does it have a USB port, and can it support usb flash devices? I'm thinking along the lines of multi-boot etc.

2. Is there only the Gemini images for the dreambox 500c, or are there others? For example, neutrino-based images.

3. I've had a look at a few pics of the 500c and it obviously doesnt have an LCD like the dbox2 does. However, there is like a little display thing on the right hand side of the box. Does this display anything or is this just a few LEDs, etc.

4. Is the remote control any good, is it similar/same as the controls for the other dreamboxs?

5. Are there alot of english tools/programs available for this? As I know that most of the dbox2 stuff is in german, etc.

Thanks for your help, I am just preparing to buy one of these :)
Liam.

liamcrayden said:
Guys, just want to bring this thread back to life again.
Got a few questions about the dreambox 500c.

1. Does it have a USB port, and can it support usb flash devices? I'm thinking along the lines of multi-boot etc.

2. Is there only the Gemini images for the dreambox 500c, or are there others? For example, neutrino-based images.

3. I've had a look at a few pics of the 500c and it obviously doesnt have an LCD like the dbox2 does. However, there is like a little display thing on the right hand side of the box. Does this display anything or is this just a few LEDs, etc.

4. Is the remote control any good, is it similar/same as the controls for the other dreamboxs?

5. Are there alot of english tools/programs available for this? As I know that most of the dbox2 stuff is in german, etc.

Thanks for your help, I am just preparing to buy one of these :)
Liam.

Same here, what sort of channels can I expect from a cable feed, i.e movies & sports??

I can answer that question!! :)
You can expect to receive ALL the channels that are broadcast on the cable network - everything from news and documentaries, to movies and sports.

Liam.

Ordered mine on Friday and it should be here by Wednesday, paid £130 all in. Does anyone who has got these working no if they crash or freeze like faulty dboxes?

As they are brand new do they suffer from the same faults as dboxes.....faulty tuners, crap psu's and faulty chips ?

right liam it doesn't have usb's just the same serial,ethenet and some ausio plugs on back.
there is a neutrino image out there but not configured for uk as it's only got kabel deutchland on ifyou know about images like gav it could prob be easy to do. i'd like for that as i like the epg on neutrino images.
there is no lcd just 3 lcd lights. but remember the box is only the size of a video tape. but to me better picture quality than dbox.
remote is sort of similar to dboxs wuith the colours etc only this remote is half the size of dboxs aswell.

there is a few english programs such as universal dreamup and flash wizard pro.

hope this helps liam

Thanks leefield thats helped alot. Cant wait to get my dreambox now, I wanna start developing images plugins and programs :p

Just ordered....
Found some good sites and info (although most is German) but if we get the Dreambox section at least we'll have some stuff to up.
Only thing I cannot get my head around at the moment is encrypted channels/cards etc
It does appear no cards are needed but reading up on the sat versions some of these req cams etc, anyone with a DB shed any light on this?

Back