go 910

mx5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can any one help today i got a tom-tom go910 from ebay i sent cash for the unit as wee done the deal off of ebay the unit came OK but turned it on and its asking for a password does any one no how i can get round this tried to email the guy no answer from him thinking £200 for nothing unless any you guys can help thanks mx5: whip :

Not sure if this would work i think it does.. Get another media card and download the tomtom navigator software from newsgroups or torrent site and install that on the media card. If i remember rightly you need to do it through the tomtom unit with your blank card installed and the usb cable the unit comes with...

go910

the 910 has a hard drive not a sd card, every thing is pre-installed on the hard drive.

you my be able to conect it to your compter and see it as a hard drive, with out running tomtom home.

search the net for infomation as to where is saves the passward file and delete it.

I woulkd only do this if you casn not get the passward fro the chap that sold you it first?

I will have a play with my 910 i have it set up with a passward, and see if i can find the file and if i can reset it with out putting in the right passward.

I will post anything i find out here as soon as i can or any info I can find out.

ok chap have been having a good look round and a read up on this and TomTom say it will have to be sent back to them?

but a few people have found away round this by down grading the firmware then setting a new passward and updating the firmware.

the only thing with this is i am not willing to try this to see if it works?

go910 passward

I have the old firmware needed to down and upgrade the 910 and some info on what to do,if you need it let me know.

I would remind you that Iv not used this or tried it myself so it will be up to you if you want to try it.

I have the old firmware needed to down and upgrade the 910 and some info on what to do,if you need it let me know.

I would remind you that Iv not used this or tried it myself so it will be up to you if you want to try it.

Cool m8 will you send me a link to the stuff and i will try it

tomtom910 passward

Sorry dont have the links took me all night to find out about how to do this

i have the files needed and have some info its about 15meg in all.

Please try and get passward before trying this always a chance it can f**k it up for good

TT Home won`t let you remove your password.

install v5.42 then the 6.15 if you put v5.44 you and got the red cross on screen
so use the old copy of 5.42 put this on first and then 6.15 and
hope it will work,

so
installed V5.42 over USB.
then reboot tomtom if ok you should not need passward?

No password required on boot. ?????

then connect to PC and run TOMTOM HOME

IT MAY JUST UPDATE ITSELF IF NOT

Reinstalled V6.15 via TOMTOM HOME
So install V5.42, then re-install V6.15, password sorted.
Next time YOU reconnect via HOME, YOU can set a new password, don't need to know the old one.

post a reply to let me know if you got it to work
been trying to upload files and it wont let me

Last edited:
still trying to upload second file but its playing up ill keep trying

at last dont know why it has taken so long to get this uploaded but its done

hope it helps you out and that you get it sorted.

let me know
leggoman

Last edited:
still trying to upload second file but its playing up ill keep trying

at last dont know why it has taken so long to get this uploaded but its done

hope it helps you out and that you get it sorted.

let me know
leggoman
Thanks m8 will give a go and let you no : multi :: multi :

Im having the same problem, i bought a tomtom 910 off someone, but i realised that it had a password on it, please let me know how you get on with this, thanks.

password remove go910

ok I put the files up its up to you to have ago and see if thay work?

if you have a go910 with a password you dont know? you cant use it and the only way it can be removed if not by you is to send it back to TOMTOM CC???? So you may as well give it ago? you can always put the backup on again. and if it works? Ill get lots of thanks I hope LOL

any way if you run the app version 5.42 and read the on screen options you will see that you can make a full back up of your tomtom (this i would do any way) before trying this fix. it will take along time. its very slow and i mean very slow.

My TomTom is only a few weeks old Iv passworded it and I am going to try this just for the fun of it see if it works.

Last edited:
update:
so far the backup has taken 2 hours full backup with 9gig of mp3 on the hard drive and part of a film.
now backing up personal settings.
will then install version 5.42 with password set reboot and see if it is password free? Ill let you know when iv done it.

full update and personal settings seem to be the same at first glance, will compare folders and files later.

well I have used the files and done as the info tells you to do and have not been able to remove the password?

but it seems to be down to the version of tomtom home application that is on the 910/

if the 910 takes the down grade with out giving you a red cross on booting up the tomtom then you are ok to update to the 6.15 version and set a new password.

Ill keep playing and see if i can find any more out

when you make a backup of the 910 use windows explorer not tt home, otherwise you may find that TTS wil not run from the backup. this is because tt home does not copy the files correctly and will corrupt it, you have to contact tt to get help to resurrect, if you save with windows explorer you should be ok

Back