Glitching channels

icemen

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hello

Dont know if this correct section.
I have cable line on vu solo 2 box running latest vix image.
Just want to ask if any1 else find below channels glitching lately or is it just mine?
Eden, decovery, national geographic
The rest seem to fine.
Dont know if it my providers server or my broadband provider which is causing it?
Any ideals
Thanks

Provider thinks it could be the router. Can this be the case that only certain channels freeze. I have the hub 3 fom vermin.. any tips on setting it up so i get best results?

Provider thinks it could be the router. Can this be the case that only certain channels freeze. I have the hub 3 fom vermin.. any tips on setting it up so i get best results?

I have a hub 3 and got no problems with glitching channels.
You could try turning off VM's Safegaurd if its enabled through your account online.

But i dont think it will help much.
What CAM are you using?

Mgcamd through c line.
Provider also suggested could be a damaged cable from the router cat 6 cable. Ill check that. But how come it only affects only a few channels?

Correction he means the cable from box on the wall apparently get damaged quite easily?

Bring your box to a mates house and see if you get the same results.

More than likely you will and it will confirm it is your provider

Also get a trail off another provide and see do you have the same results

lots are saying they have suddenly started to suffer from glitching and freezing. I think there's more to it, cache all that

Mgcamd through c line.
Provider also suggested could be a damaged cable from the router cat 6 cable. Ill check that. But how come it only affects only a few channels?
It could well be the issue you mentioned, as @Grimeire says.... take box to another property and try it there. If issues have only been happening recently i suspect your supplier is at fault. There was issues awhile ago but from what i hear they have been fixed, and have been for awhile.
Ask you supplier to change your line over to N: line rather than using C: line.
Dont run N: line in CCcam run it in MGcamd. I think its always best to keepalive for 300 seconds and check you mg_cfg is same as below.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

If you dont have a friend that you can take it to you can use your phones hot spot depending on what receiver you have it may have built in WIFI.

Test your phone speed first and make sure the latency is less than 100 as high latency will cause glitching. The lower the latency the better.

It could well be the issue you mentioned, as @Grimeire says.... take box to another property and try it there. If issues have only been happening recently i suspect your supplier is at fault. There was issues awhile ago but from what i hear they have been fixed, and have been for awhile.
Ask you supplier to change your line over to N: line rather than using C: line.
Dont run N: line in CCcam run it in MGcamd. I think its always best to keepalive for 300 seconds and check you mg_cfg is same as below.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Ok thanks sorry it is N line and is in mgcamd. Ill check if file is the same. Is the above the latest file? Which folder is the file in again?

Var then Keys.
There should be no issue with mg_cfg i posted. I have seen some auto detect as {00}.
It should always be {06}

I still think that issues that you have has not much to do with setup as provider looks the culprit as i have not heard you say about pixelation issue. Just trying to rule everything out so your provider can not shove you off.

Check out goggle for 24 hour newcamd.list test.
Its all going cardless so tread carefully.
😉

Yes river i have two lines sly and vermin
How it spoz to look?

Dual line:

run vermin line first.
Yes river i have two lines sly and vermin
How it spoz to look?
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = HOST PORT USER PASS 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
CWS_MULTIPLE = HOST PORT USER PASS 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14

That will keep both lines active for 5 mins.
No drop out from FTA to CAM.
But issue is encryption channel and previously stated seems supplier fault. Never had issues with bad glitching. Only when OScam needed resolved and that was awhile back.

But MG_CFG and newcamd.list is the way my next doors neighbours grannys sister has it set with no problems.

Last edited:
Thanks river. Ill give it a go.
Do you know the difference between the way i currently got it set to the one you suggested?
I haven't got this infront of my lines
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
Also my second line starts same as first and not this
CWS_MULTIPLE =

There is a couple of ways of setting it up. Some dont even enter port and just run two separate CWS_
Some dont even request a hand shake then others hammer it ever 60 seconds.

Port is usual 21.
On a server thats best to keepalive for 300 seconds. This will give you request from server every 5 minutes or 300 seconds. Mostly happens if your on FTA for awhile then turn to encrypted channel you wont wait few seconds to open encryption as you requested hand shake ever 300 seconds.
Some request 60 seconds and does not go down well and not needed.

Back