Given in to ebay, how to stay safe?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
After ditching selling stuff on ebay years ago after i got stung for hundreds of pounds as i couldnt prove i posted a satellite system that i installed personally, and having a negative ebay balance where they owed me money for unsold listings for over 6 years, ive given in to try and get rid of some of the satellite receivers i have in the house

and cos im skint lol

everything will be sent via tracked, signed for courier, everything will have its serial number recorded, and if its not new equipment, photos will also be taken highlighting any marks, scratches, etc

i know at some point im going to run into problems with a buyer, so what more can i do to protect myself?

any ideas will be fab

dd

After ditching selling stuff on ebay years ago after i got stung for hundreds of pounds as i couldnt prove i posted a satellite system that i installed personally,

Ooooh, what happened there then?

Try sell as much of it on here to trusted members and then maybe try Gumtree m8.

You gonna post a list here before fleabay?

Ooooh, what happened there then?

i used to sell installed motorised systems within 75 miles of me. i used to get a sheet signed to say the customer was happy with the install, take a few photos, and job done

then one guy about 15 miles away, about a month after having it installed, started a dispute for 'non delivery of goods'

Part of the sale was 'including professional installation by an engineer'

after weeks of arguing with ebay and paypal, i produced photos of the gear installed, a copy of the sheet they guy had signed saying 'installed and working to customers satisfaction' and pointing out that part of the sale included professional installation, as i didnt have any insured traceable tracking details from a postal company, they refunded the guy nearly £400

a few days later, i borrowed a megger from a friend, and drove to the guys house to reclaim all my gear.

he wasnt in, and it was pissing down with rain, so i folded the dish into a triangle, crowbarred the motor destroying the gearbox, connected the megger to the dish cable, and sent 1000v down it, setting off the house alarm and probably destroying everything in his tv cabinet at the same time as blowing all the breakers in the house

and untill today, have never listed anything on ebay since

its all been listed on DW a few times in the past few months

whats gumtree?

ebays shit, a law unto itself , however even i sell on there, i may start selling on here also to be honest, i used to sell loads on another well know secure forums, until a dickhea* moderator couldnt take a joke and went on a power trip..................(you know who you are, as your a member on here (in the stricktest of medical senses).

but yeah.

empty paypal account as soon as received.

send recorded or special, anything signed for.

check feedback

thats all you can do really, you will always get them, and paypal / ebay allways find in favour of the person who started the dispute...........

Back