Give up smoking for the last time

My paternal grandpa gave up smoking and 15 years later, he has lung cancer at 75. Meanwhile, my maternal grandma has been smoking since she was 20 and she's 78 now and still no signs of health issues. Probably because she eats vegetables on a daily.

I tried 4of the stop smoking aids the quickmist mouth spray. The chewing gum. The patches and the wee inhaler thing. The one that helped me the most was the inhaler. That is the one I wanted to avoid the most because I thought it make me look like a twat using it in the pub or a crowd of friends who would usually give u a hard time at every opportunity but after about 3 or 4 days I thought nothing of it and neither did they when I went those places. If I lost that wee white thing while I was out it was panic stations. The worst was the quickmist. That helps u stop by making u feel like u wanna puke because u have smoked 3 park drive in one go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On the subject of packing in smoking, it was far far harder when I stopped 15 years ago. You could smoke just about everywhere then so trying to avoid people and the passive tobaccoo come nicotine smell and taste was nigh impossible.
I used patches for a week or 2 but I can't say that helped. I just said enough is enough, that's it no more.
I personally think it's down to the individuals DNA when it comes down to addiction. Having a pint doesn't lead everyone to become an alcoholic or having a bet on the horses or put £2 in a fruit machine or even the odd spliff. What's makes us different is the ability within our genetic make up just to say no that's enough I'm done no more or every single one of us would be addicted to one thing or another.
Mine came down to strong will power and the want to never smoke again. I can't say it was easy, it wasn't. It might had been far easier if caping had of been around then.
I just hope in 10-15 years evidence doesn't appear to show it's just as bad as smoking.

I've been smoking 10-15 cigarettes a day now for nearly 18 years and I think the time is nearing for me to stop . I can't smoke like a trooper like I use to, recently I am becoming more and more out of breath, feeling tired regularly and worse of all throwing up yellow liquid some mornings which is not pleasant.

I wish there is something out there that will stop you craving for the nicotine. Patches didn't help me, vaping did, I actually stopped smoking for nearly two weeks whilst vaping but my coils burnt out and was back on the fags again. Worst habbit ever and I totally regret ever taking up.

Keep it up erbs :).

p.s what vape mod and liquids are you using?

Last edited:
To me you sound like I was, you have to be ready in the head. It's no good saying "I'm going to give up" you have to be totally convinced and ready and by the sounds of it you are.
I was ready, I were totally fed up of the cost on my pocket and health.
It was hard going but 15 years on it was one of the better decisions I've made.
A couple of tips that might help are
Break the habits,
Mine were brew in the morn - cig
After a meal - cig
Beer - cig
Leave the door - cig
If you want to give up you will, the first 2-4 weeks are the toughest but once your over them you'll be fine.

Like I said, it was 20 times harder when I stopped. People were still smoking in pubs shops, buses, so avoiding it was a nightmare but in the end I got there. I lapsed once on holiday with the lads and had 2 drags and nearly gaffed which was a good sign.
Now I just need to break out of the coffee biscuit addiction

Tried many things but failed every time but then started too vape (almost 7 years now) and from day one have never looked back, have not had one ciggy since
even being around people smoking did not bother me
I hated smoking for many years, it will was killing me, smoked from 10yrs old and when i stopped i was smoking 30/40 a day :oops:
i will never go back to ciggy`s.

Tried many things but failed every time but then started too vape (almost 7 years now) and from day one have never looked back, have not had one ciggy since
even being around people smoking did not bother me
I hated smoking for many years, it will was killing me, smoked from 10yrs old and when i stopped i was smoking 30/40 a day :oops:
i will never go back to ciggy`s.
I was exactly the same but only started vaping 4.5 years ago and never smoked since. Often found my hand reaching out for a non existant packet though and that took a while to go.
I was a little older than you when I started and @17 should have known better but unlike you when i stopped i was smoking 0 a day ;)

I was smoking from when I was 16 years old, but now I'm trying to quit... It's hard tho, really hard.:confused:

The smoking cessation clinic at the doctor's really help me a lot. Give them a try. They give us all the stop smoking aids u need for up to 9 months I think.. the one that really help me was the inhalater. I w as worried about looking like a duck but after a wee while it was sweet.

. A ecig will really help but I wish I never started on mine because I use it heavy. I was off everything for a year before I tried an ecig. I think it will be just as hard to get off the ecig as it was getting off the ciggys

Thanks for a tip! I wanted to try myself, without any help, if I can stop smoking, but if I will continue to fail, I will probably go to some clinic

It's free and it really does help. I was foolish going on the ecig.

With the weed I went on the pipe instead of the doobs but when I done the tests a few weeks later it still showed me up as being a heavy smoker because the combustion still created shit that was fking up me lungs. Now I use a vaporiser everything seems to be sweet

I have never smoked, but I have been surrounded by smokers all my life; father, previous and current partners.
My dad gave up (after numerous failed attempts) about 15 years ago and said it was the best decision he'd ever made, I truly believed he'd never start again. But now he has dementia and forgets that he's a non-smoker! Keeps cadging fags off an old woman at the day care centre where he goes one day a week.

It's free and it really does help. I was foolish going on the ecig.

With the weed I went on the pipe instead of the doobs but when I done the tests a few weeks later it still showed me up as being a heavy smoker because the combustion still created shit that was fking up me lungs. Now I use a vaporiser everything seems to be sweet

thinking of getting vape for weed. what one do you recommend??

Mate I've only tried 3 different types a cheaper no namer job, a storm pen one and extreme q

At home I use the extreme q because with the rechargeable ones sometimes there are occasions when Ur waiting for battery's to charge plus if there's a couple of u it's far better plus u do get a better toke.

The storm pen is decent. It does the job. There is a newer one now that looks better I have the first model I have that and a few spare batteries I take out and about or to work lol.

But me mates love it when I bring the extreme q with me when we having a sesh. They say it's a.completely diff whack.but I'm used to that now so wouldn't know.

There is a cheaper version called the v tower of u can find one. It doesn't have the fan so I can't blow up bags like u can on the extreme q. It has a remote so u can set it up before I go to bed. Then in the morning as soon. As u open the eyes just hit the remote and the bags full in no time. Wake and bake hahaha

I recommend extreme q just cause it's the best that I have tried plus all me mates love it but there are a few who are scare to use it again they can't handle it

Go to vapefeind website mate it has a good selection great service mate that's where I buy anything usually or of course ebay

There are reviews of each vaporiser from people who buy them plus a site call **** combustion

Sorry about the swear word hahaha but it really call **** f uck combustion

I have never smoked, but I have been surrounded by smokers all my life; father, previous and current partners.
My dad gave up (after numerous failed attempts) about 15 years ago and said it was the best decision he'd ever made, I truly believed he'd never start again. But now he has dementia and forgets that he's a non-smoker! Keeps cadging fags off an old woman at the day care centre where he goes one day a week.
Me mum went off them years ago. She still craves for them she said she loves the smell can't get enough of the second hand smoking lol

For the erb I recommend a Vapcap M and a butane torch
Then if you like it you can buy or make yourself an induction heater for it later

If you want a battery vape then I'd go with something like the Fury2 for starters

Desktop? make or buy a log vape. They're basically 12v halogen bulbs or a similar size heater cartridge or resister in a tube on a dimmer switch so you can control the heat. It's a simple idea, a heat source in a tube that you draw air thro to heat the air which in turn is drawn thro your erb to release the good stuff from the erb without burning it. There's lots of build threads on the fc forums

Back