GIGAblue HD Quad

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
GIGABLUE HD QUAD PLUS looks tasty, anyone had a play?

Last edited by a moderator:
i have one for last 12 months and love it! Been very reliable with Vix image

I seen some with 2 x s2 tuners and 1x dvb-ct tuner. I take it that 2 sat n 1 cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the New Quad Plus and have 3 sat tuners and one cable tuner installed and it all functions as it should very well no problems here

I know it may be subjective but is Vix the most stable & reliable image for this box ?
Fancy one of these so need to know which image to get seller to load for me.
Also can anyone point me in the direction of reviews or information on this receiver ?
Thanks everyone.

I know it may be subjective but is Vix the most stable & reliable image for this box ?
Fancy one of these so need to know which image to get seller to load for me.
Also can anyone point me in the direction of reviews or information on this receiver ?
Thanks everyone.

looks like OpenATV are on the case with these, its a pity they so expensive, i would have one otherwise.

looks like OpenATV are on the case with these, its a pity they so expensive, i would have one otherwise.

I actually got one of these in the end.
It had the VIX 032 image in it & was working ok until it failed to load one day.
I flashed Vix 041 to it & it seems to work fine even though its a sharp learning curve for me.
I haven't tried any other images so far.
The tuners are excellent in it is picking up some weak channels that my Technomate won't touch which I found very surprising as the Technomates are supposed to have very sensitive tuners.

I have one of those Gigablue Quad with two terrestrial tunners. However, I have connected them different cables with different source signals. My problem is that the box always uses one of the tunners unless it is busy for whatever reason (in such case, it switches to the other one). It would be great that this logic took into account that not necessarily all channels may be available for both tunners. However I suppose this has to do with the Vix software, not with the STB itself...

By the way, any suggestions for my case? Any script or similar that, depending on the channel I want to watch, selects a particular tuner (or disables the other one, thus forcing the use of the other one)? I have little idea on how to do it...

Thank you!

I dont use the Vix image but i do know you can prioritise a tuner for recording

Problem is that "terrestrial" is treated the same as an individual satellite.

For arguments sake, if you had several channels being accessed on the same TP , (Stream, record, view) E2 will not use the next tuner as it's default position is to leave as many tuners free as far as possible.

You can try other images, pretty sure you will get same result.

You'll have to look at combining aerials into one lead.

Just got myself one of these, I couldn't choose between this or the Vu Duo2 but after reading about and then reading this thread the other day I thought if its good enough for digi its good enough for me lol.

Really nice box tho, only had 10 mins play time with it and flashed vix for now.

What surprised me tho was I knew you could use picons on the Mini display but to have it as another TV screen is ****ing amazing hehe

Glad to see your enjoying it eon just wait till you get the Transcoding sorted and your watching any channel you like on your Apple/Android phone with Gigablue player

Glad to see your enjoying it eon just wait till you get the Transcoding sorted and your watching any channel you like on your Apple/Android phone with Gigablue player

Good stuff, I have been using EnigmaTV on my pc for transcoding from my old amiko. Worked well but this sounds ideal instead of having PC on all the time. Any other tips trick this box can do? Ive still not had chance to play with it. Sorting the Amiko out to give my mam, the old Cuberevo she was using finally give up the ghost last week.

I have the Quad HD - it's a great device. A friend has the Plus, and it doesn't seem amazingly better. I definitely won't be upgrading.

What surprised me tho was I knew you could use picons on the Mini display but to have it as another TV screen is ****ing amazing hehe

It's pretty cool alright but I'm not sure how to make use of it. Are you using the mini display for PIP?

Iv just ordered the quad plus and looking forward to getting it, iv got the two cable tuners and two sat, im wondering as there is no fan is there any over heating issues

Back