Ghost that hates 4:3

Scotster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok guys heres a good one that may or may not be image related. I have a widescreen TV with which i can turn on or off the autoswitch feature. The feature i am talking about is where the dreambox turns on and it automatically selects the correct scart. Since owning the dreambox i have had to turn this off as every time a 4:3 signal comes into the box my TV changes to a different scart (one without anything in it). I've tried it in every scart but it makes no difference.

Now, before you all say its my TV at fault i can assure you its not. It works flawlessly with my Dbox and my DVD player. I've managed to narrow it down to 4:3 as when i go into the AV settings i can select 16:9 4:3 letterbox and 4:3 panscan. If i change from 16:9 to 4:3 the tv switches. If i press the right arrow button to change back to 16:9 it comes back on.

Now, as i said, i don't know if this is image related or box related. Are any of u guys having the same problem? Its not much of an issue it would just be nice to have the feature working. I'm using DW1.6.1.

Cheers

Scott =op

i use neutrino m8 set to auto detect in av settings with no problems at all ;)

Anyone know of any forums where developers hang? I'm having mega trouble trying to get any questions on these dreambox's answered. It seems that Dbox's are much easier to find support for than the dreambox's.

I knew there was more support for the dbox than the dreambox but i didn't expect to find a near ghosttown every time i asked a question lol.

Thanks for the reply Griz :D Lets me know i'm not invisible lol.

Scott =op

Scotster...it may be a compatibility issue between the dreambox and your TV. Or the dreambox may actually be faulty!

DigitalWorldz is the leading forum for Dreamboxes in my opinion...without counting the major creators, i.e. Gemini, PLi, etc. No other forum has developed their own dreambox image from scratch.

We are not experts, we learn through trial and error, reading other forums and from experience in other backgrounds. If no-one has answered your question, it's not through badness, we simply don't know the answer!

Oh no, i know its not through badness and i know noone knows the answer as they would have replied. It just seems strange that me being a newbie would be the first person to ask certain questions.

Its not a faulty box as i tried 4 of them and they are all the same. It may be an incompatability issue as it worked flawlessly with the dbox2 but i just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue and whether they had a solution or not.

I found it strange that only 1 person in 3 forums used autoswitching though.

Scott =op

Sorry if it seemed I was 'snappy' in my last post m8! Just read it back there and it was a bit 'grrrrr' :)

No problem, its hard to express things on a forum without sounding nasty. My previous post obviously read a bit like a dig which it was not inteded to do so hence my explination.

Cheers

Scott =op

Back