getting freeview signal via cable box or fee

johnbhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I should be able to connect the cable feed directy into the DTV freeview box (part of the tv)and get a signal. I thought this should work but I cannot seem to get a signal. The normal tv works fine and I can pick up the standard fta channels. Have also tried the RF loop through parts of my subbed cable box and dbox but to no avail. Unsure if it’s a fault with tv or not or if I am doing something wrong.

You cannot get a freeview signal from a cable feed you need a digital terrestrial roof top aerial or if your in a strong signal area you might be ok with a portable aerial

Does anyone know if I should be able to connect the cable feed directy into the DTV freeview box (part of the tv)and get a signal. I thought this should work but I cannot seem to get a signal. The normal tv works fine and I can pick up the standard fta channels. Have also tried the RF loop through parts of my subbed cable box and dbox but to no avail. Unsure if it’s a fault with tv or not or if I am doing something wrong.

strange thing to try m8
but as said above it's not possible

For some reason I had it in my head that as there was the normal aerial RF loopthrough on your cable box then this would act in the same way as a rooftop aerial and provide a signal for the iDTV. (thought thgis would be the case as you can get normal tv channels on tv from the RF loopthrough.
At least I know this does not work that way and I can stop banging head off wall.

Don’t have a normal aerial install so am onto plumbs.

cheers

Try and indoor ariel. I have one and it gives me a good signal. Round about 75%

what kinda aerial did you get and where did you get it. have been reading up on it a bit. and you can get roof type aerials that you can stick in the loft. THis may be a possibility as cannot get out on roof myself to put this up as stay in a flat.

Had a look at this V10-030 found here:

h££p://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/logperiodic.htm

that would seem to do the trick although i did not realise setting up an aerial was such a tricky business.

I have 2 aerials set up in my loft and reception is good for terrestrial tv

Would an upgraded aerial and cable be needed for HD transmissions?

Those i have now seem fine with digital freeview

If your aerial gives a good picture when plugged into your freview box then it will be okay for Freeview HD. The HD channels are in the same frequency band, they just use more of it.

Mike
:FRIGHT:

y

you could alway try an spiter but i do not think the you have the feq on the box so you may have to add them

Back