Getting Broadband Help needed

liambalfour

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, my girlfriend bought a laptop and is getting virginmedia broadband installed. She wants to use it wirelessly, would virginmedia give her a wireless modem or would she need a router?? she doesnt have a pc so dont relly know what to do. Any ideas?

I have wireless with my pc hardwired and a laptop wireless but cant think how hers would work with a moden and router not conected to a pc any help would be apreciated.

Hi, my girlfriend bought a laptop and is getting virginmedia broadband installed. She wants to use it wirelessly, would virginmedia give her a wireless modem or would she need a router?? she doesnt have a pc so dont relly know what to do. Any ideas?

I have wireless with my pc hardwired and a laptop wireless but cant think how hers would work with a moden and router not conected to a pc any help would be apreciated.
u will need a router m8 just plug the cable into the router from the modem and search for the signal and away u go . have a cheap one if u want it , pm me

am sure if she was to cancel her order prior to ordering the internet saying she was getting wireless router cheaper package elswere virgin would better it, i have already did that i was 75 for 10mb tv and phone(unlimited calls) am now 45, as i said i was going to sky..

So chances are your g/f is with virgin the now probably the phone and even tv, if so i would give her to give them a call say your cancelling as got better offer from sky and i bet they will offer you the right package that includes the wireless router for a fraction of the cost.

" have a cheap one if u want it , pm me"
they are quite cheap just now and i like to have a guaruntee with things but thanks for the offer and help

The broadband has now been installed and is working fine but I cant get things to download, she has vista home but when using bitlord it connects but never downloads and the same with ares, any ideas

That sounds like firewall problems.
You will probably need to setup some port forwarding or put the laptop onto a DMZ if the router supports it.

eventually go utorrent to work after a lot of messing about cheer for the help

Back