getting A nokia dobox2 just few simple questions plz

lombard

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, thanks for reading my post, been reading on the dbox quite alot i think i know how to flash images to it just need to try it anyway my question is with latest Gav's image is it sportster image, has the EPG been improved thats why am thinking of getting a dbox because it has EPG or i heard from here it has and also fast channel switching can someone tell me how is the EPG is it like the original cable boxes have, and also channel speed changing, as now i have a FTA101 with no EPG at all and 6 sec wait and very fustrating so am gonna join the Dbox Community, can someone be kind enough to post some pictures of the EPG please if u not allowed to post them just pm or email to me.

thank you for your time

GAV you are the man :BLOBBY:

Here's probably a better link for you: http://www.dbox2.info/gallery.php?catid=2

The EPG is alot better than the original boxes and most certainly better than the FTA101.
Bear in mind that the pics on the above site are now old and the DBOX has been improved numerous times since those images were published.

Channel changing takes less than one second.

liam and gav thanks am sure most or all the people on here, are gratefull for the hard work you do i am

so the epg is based from the linux Neutrino or Gavs image ?? does it matter what version of linux i have what is Neutrino ?

lombard said:
so the epg is based from the linux Neutrino or Gavs image ?? does it matter what version of linux i have what is Neutrino ?

Dont worry about anything like that, you will just start to confuse yourself. Basically the EPG comes from the neutrino itself, not just gavs image. There ARE different versions of 'linux' (to some extent), but it does not matter which version you have - as each image is based on a different version.

All you need is a DBOX2 (either Nokia or Sagem), which is already in debug mode. Thats it. Then, when it arrives, all you need to do is flash an image to it - sorted. No need to worry about neutrino or different linux versions.

you say EPG comes from Neutrino so i get a Nokia Dbox2 Debug mode with neutrino just need to clear this up if u get a dbox2 debug does that mean it will have neutrino

Like i said... dont worry about the neutrino. The IMAGE that you flash to the box contains the 'neutrino' portion. All you need is the box in debug mode. Most sellers will advertise dboxes as 'linux, debug mode WITH NEUTRINO!!!'... they are just confusing the matter.

liamcrayden said:
Dont worry about anything like that, you will just start to confuse yourself. Basically the EPG comes from the neutrino itself, not just gavs image. There ARE different versions of 'linux' (to some extent), but it does not matter which version you have - as each image is based on a different version.
All you need is a DBOX2 (either Nokia or Sagem), which is already in debug mode. Thats it. Then, when it arrives, all you need to do is flash an image to it - sorted. No need to worry about neutrino or different linux versions.

Thats answered my question, I was getting confused on what version of Linux.

thanks learning alot think i know mostly everything now thanks liam

After looking on eBay for a dBox and seeing that the dBox costs £99 and then they charge you £20 p&p, where else can you get a dBox from?

rock said:
After looking on eBay for a dBox and seeing that the dBox costs £99 and then they charge you £20 p&p, where else can you get a dBox from?

You get what u pay for m8 :).

I can tell you from experience that is IS worth paying a few quid more if you are buying from a reputable trader and not somebody selling any old junk cheaper.
If you are buying from 1 of the guys/girls in germany who make a living from selling dbox at least you stand less chance of getting a duff box, and virtually all of the "big" dbox traders i know will gladly take unit back if it is faulty.

Like the saying goes, "you get what u pay for" which certainly applies when buying dbox.

I paid £105 plus postage for a box recently, however i got a null modem cable, and a pci lan card for pc thrown in plus the F adapter and the UK power converter plug needed.

TrV666 said:
You get what u pay for m8 :).

I can tell you from experience that is IS worth paying a few quid more if you are buying from a reputable trader and not somebody selling any old junk cheaper.
If you are buying from 1 of the guys/girls in germany who make a living from selling dbox at least you stand less chance of getting a duff box, and virtually all of the "big" dbox traders i know will gladly take unit back if it is faulty.

Like the saying goes, "you get what u pay for" which certainly applies when buying dbox.

I paid £105 plus postage for a box recently, however i got a null modem cable, and a pci lan card for pc thrown in plus the F adapter and the UK power converter plug needed.

Is there any reputable dealers on eBay?

All you can do is look for one with 100% feedback and as been a member of fleebay for a while, no guarantee but its a good guideline.

Back