Gettin Frustrated With JTAG + Netid

liamrsi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, ill start from the beginning, i have a smt-2100c box in an exC&W area, the box came from a different area, and i started to mod it.

I then reset the stb by shorting the battery

I cut talkback, JTAG'ed the box with the byte: 0x00941464

I used this as an exC&W with BKE.

After a while, i seem to now have a correct BK and IRD.

I programed a funcard to set netid, and have done this many times, but for some reason the box will not take the funcard and reset to 41042, please can i have some help?

Cheers

anyone?

Getting frustrated, but dont want to be beaten.

Now i have gone back to checking BK, using the byte i used before, i cannot get any joy for a bk at all.

Now im certain i have the right bk anyway, so would someone be able to talk me through setting netid with a JTAG and ocd.

I feel a little lost with ocd, as i have never tried using it?

Liam

Hi Mate

What software revision is your box on ??

As this dictates what byte address you use.

Re Fun NetID

Due to you having problems with the Funcard NetID it does seem like you've got the wrong BK or progged the card wrong just double check card is written in this order

Exteep
Flash
Inteep

and for JTag try these byte addresses

excw 3_2B
0x00942d24 8

excw 3_3B
0x00974c70 8
or
0x009b5290 8
or
0x00f6a930 8

pure 3_2L & 3_3L
0x00f6a8a8 8

3_5 (untested)
0x00564e78 8

IRD for all

0x20020004 4

Hope that sorts your prob.

jtag with ocd

As far as i remember with jtag connected you open up Samsung debug tool and put in your net id and press checksum.This will leave you with four set of bytes.Open up ocd and copy and paste one at a time and press enter on your keyboard.Then its a case of sticking box in stream and powering up.
Correct me anyone if im wrong as its been a while,Andy

Hi Andy

To be honest I'd use BKE and try the default config file that comes with it, if that doesn't work go into eng menu pg18/19 or near that end and check what soft rev your box is running on. Then check my post above and edit the config file with the relevant byte address and jtag it, or you can do the same but with ocd.

Hi Andy

To be honest I'd use BKE and try the default config file that comes with it, if that doesn't work go into eng menu pg18/19 or near that end and check what soft rev your box is running on. Then check my post above and edit the config file with the relevant byte address and jtag it, or you can do the same but with ocd.

Hi Penners ive tried both ways and both ways worked for me.Must admit ive only done the ocd method the once but the funcard method has never let me down.

Thats why I think you may have the wrong BK cos usually if the funcard meth fails its to do with incorrect bk or progged in wrong order. Personally I think the sammy has thrown you a dodgy BK just double check that it correct mate.

Thats why I think you may have the wrong BK cos usually if the funcard meth fails its to do with incorrect bk or progged in wrong order. Personally I think the sammy has thrown you a dodgy BK just double check that it correct mate.[/QUOTE

Sorry Andy not you, thats why I think liamrsi has maybe got the wrong bk cos funid never fails.

Thats why I think you may have the wrong BK cos usually if the funcard meth fails its to do with incorrect bk or progged in wrong order. Personally I think the sammy has thrown you a dodgy BK just double check that it correct mate.

Im not the one who needs the help its the guy above me:FRIGHT:
Good we all try and help out though.Im always willing to learn from others as yourself.Whats the forum is all about for me,Andy

Im not the one who needs the help its the guy above me:FRIGHT:
Good we all try and help out though.Im always willing to learn from others as yourself.Whats the forum is all about for me,Andy

~~See my previous post~~

Its been a long day mate :) Thank god its Friday !!

Hi all, thasnks for your replys,

Right, i am in eng menu, page 19/20, what am i looking for to tell you guys what version i am running?

Also, Jtagging now, would there be a problem cos i have reset stb and netid is 09999?

Which do i use for this, NTL or Ex C&W?

Cheers Again

5.3.51 1.0.9

Is this the software revision?

All I am getting from all of these are a couple of mixed letters and the rest F's

Last edited:
Have sent you mail so make sure you check it.I cant help out anymore tonight as im out on the razzin a bit.
Let me know how you get on and if still struggling we can arrange a phone call.
All the best Andy.: colors1

Kool, cheers dude, i wish i never shorted the thing b4 i JTAGGED it!!

Revision is

3_3L_P2N_N-S2100

If anyuone knows Bytes for this, please post them here

Thanks

Kool, cheers dude, i wish i never shorted the thing b4 i JTAGGED it!!

Revision is

3_3L_P2N_N-S2100

If anyuone knows Bytes for this, please post them here

Thanks

if you have correct ird + bk m8 then no reason why fun not work
if you jtaged the box for ird + bk then check the ird with the one in em
if you have a paired card then read that for bk+ ird

Back