get your soldering Irons out !

wburke069

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, all
After buying a DI2000 box from a trader which only lasted 3 weeks before NTL started changing keys I soon realized that I was fooked.
This box is the worst box out there to read if you are unfortunate enough not to have your Boxkey which has happened to me !
After reading the tut's the only way to get your key is to remove the ATMELs
stick'em in your willem programmer, dump them and then solder them back!!
Yeah right !!
Not for the faint hearted I fear, then I got inspired by the new modchips for the PS2.
The DMS4 E.Z.I pro is a solderless modchip which plugs in over the top of the chips in the PS2 therefore no soldering required.
This got me thinking, can the same principle be applied to reading the ATMELs.
You have an adapter which plugs in over the chip and the other end plugs into your willem, simple no lifting chips and so easy my gran can do it!
Is this possible or am I missing something obvious that won't allow you to do this !!
If it is possible then all you DIY electronic engineers get your finger out and make these adapters!!

cheers all

hi mate
its called a tsop48 test clip you can search but there quite expensive and ime told not 100% but i dont think a willem will read from these either
regards

hi mate
you can get the bk of the card you had in the box from the trader
no soldering
regards

Hi m8
It was my first modded box and in my haste to fix it myself after NTL rolled the keys, I managed to erase the data on the ATMEGA card.
although I made a backup of all 3 files on card I have been informed that these are corrupt so there is no way to get BK.
I'm now left with a box that is useless and £150 down !
I'm sure the box is cloned so my last hope is that someone will have the same bk as me but finding that person will be slim !!!
cheers

you say you saved the 3 files on your atmega, there is only 2. the external eeprom will contain your boxkey.

Hi m8
I did a backup of my card with my new Infinity usb Unlimited.
it was my first time flashing any smartcards so I saved all 3 files thinking that at least if anything goes wrong I had a backup.
whatever I did the files are unreadable.
I have already sent the files to other members who have tried to read but the files seem to be corrupt !
Maybe because it is from a trader he has locked the cards so they cannot be read !

Hi mentholflash01
I have already had my ird checked on the database but it wasnt there.
Because the box might be cloned I have been told that my best bet of getting the bk is that I might be lucky and someone else will have the same key as me!!
anyway thanks for the offer !!

i had a file saying corrupt when trying to view it in fun viewer.
so i saved the file and opened it up in toxic and yahoo i had me ird and bk worth a try m8 ...
if you want ill give it a spin for you?

The trader could have been using the original atmega software where the BK was encrypted, think if you load the file into the software the click encrypt 15 times you should get your original BK back.

wburke069 said:
Hi m8
I did a backup of my card with my new Infinity usb Unlimited.
it was my first time flashing any smartcards so I saved all 3 files thinking that at least if anything goes wrong I had a backup.
whatever I did the files are unreadable.
I have already sent the files to other members who have tried to read but the files seem to be corrupt !
Maybe because it is from a trader he has locked the cards so they cannot be read !

You can send me the files if you want to my MSN addy:[email protected]

I'll see what i can do for you.

Clive.

Back