Get It Right from a Genuine Site

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
These guys are really on the ball. Fired up Bittorrent yesterday morning and immediately remembered I wasn't using my VPN. Started it up but that couple of minutes earnt me a smacked wrist.

Copyright Infringement Report ID (CIR-ID): 22***382
Title of content shared: GOOD DOCTOR (2017), THE
Time file was shared: 09:56 *
Date content was shared: 16/10/2018

I will sit in the naughty corner and write 1000 times I MUST NOT FORGET MY VPN

The only time I have ever got one of those is when I used torrent 1 time to get something I couldn't find anywhere else.

In 38 years of using newsgroups I've never had anything, just the occasional email about bandwidth usage which stopped a few years ago. I don't use SSL or VPN, no need.

Getting harder for me just lately to get stuff from Newsgroups mate. Tried getting the new episodes of the Good Doctor and they were all failing. Paid for it for years now but think it's time for it to go.

another clamp down 3 strikes & disconnected details handed over the way now i think

My Virgin email stated it was my first but it's actually my second. Had one last year :)

I've done a fair bit of Torrents downloading but usually not films. Mainly software but I'm surprised I haven't had any warnings yet.

I've done a fair bit of Torrents downloading but usually not films. Mainly software but I'm surprised I haven't had any warnings yet.
The warning isn't for downloading Spectre, it's for sharing (uploading). I don't need to keep a ratio but I feel guilty if I were just to take and not let it upload a while. Normally I like to upload the files x3 and then remove them from the folder, makes me feel I've done my bit :)

I believe they also target/monitor specific files. The most popular and current tv series and movies would be prime examples

Getting harder for me just lately to get stuff from Newsgroups mate. Tried getting the new episodes of the Good Doctor and they were all failing. Paid for it for years now but think it's time for it to go.
Had no problems getting The Good Doctor and about another 130 TV shows.

I use 2 NZB sites and Sonarr. All fully automatic, don't need to manually unpack or rename. Just watch using kodi.

The warning isn't for downloading Spectre, it's for sharing (uploading). I don't need to keep a ratio but I feel guilty if I were just to take and not let it upload a while. Normally I like to upload the files x3 and then remove them from the folder, makes me feel I've done my bit :)

I believe they also target/monitor specific files. The most popular and current tv series and movies would be prime examples

If you use torrents you are uploading all the time you are downloading, it's the way torrents work, you get bits from other peeps whilst they get bits from you.

Which is why newsgroups are better because there's no uploading at all. Also you only connect to 1 server, so very secure, with torrents you have to connect to all manner of IP address, none of which you can verify easily. It has been known for law enforcement to setup a torrent client and download stuff just to record all the IP addresses they are connected to.

sky ireland the latest to have agreed to join the 3 strikes & will hand over your details if a court order presented

Just unfortunate VPN was “not” enabled before hand @chookey.
I know your with Private Internet Access and one of the best if not thee best. I would never ever go online without VPN. Not that i have anything to hide as i go to church every sunday and support the dying snow leopards on the TV and get a cuddly toy from the leopard.

If your not protecting your online activity your open to questions being asked.
I hear many say........
“sure i have nothing to hide” nor do i and 99% of internet users. But why have the powers above now have the power to check everything you do online and log your connections.

Seems a bit different if your postage mail was looked at by third party before you seen it.
But we all give that right away online and most have given there rights of privacy away.

A VPN will help overcome this nanny state spying on your business and protect you on P2P networks.
Not all VPNs will protect.... yes they will bypass border restrictions and change your IP, many VPNs will disclose your IP to inspector plod if letter lands on there doorstep. Be “very” careful of VPNs saying “no logging” yet give you limited usage, how can they not log yet keep record of your usage logs.
Need it be watching you-tube video or checking news to P2P a VPN is a must in the new big brother state we live in.

Personally would never use a free VPN.
PIA is known to be hard nut to crack, even with court action.

(SHARE & SHARE ALIKE)
🙂

The only time I have ever got one of those is when I used torrent 1 time to get something I couldn't find anywhere else.

In 38 years of using newsgroups I've never had anything, just the occasional email about bandwidth usage which stopped a few years ago. I don't use SSL or VPN, no need.
38 years? I have been using newsgroups for a very very long time but pretty sure you wouldn't of have had access in 1980?

Happy to be proved wrong though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you use torrents you are uploading all the time you are downloading, it's the way torrents work, you get bits from other peeps whilst they get bits from you.

Which is why newsgroups are better because there's no uploading at all. Also you only connect to 1 server, so very secure, with torrents you have to connect to all manner of IP address, none of which you can verify easily. It has been known for law enforcement to setup a torrent client and download stuff just to record all the IP addresses they are connected to.
Wow, been using newsgroups and torrents for years and never knew they worked that way :rolleyes: You're downloading automatically before they get took down but I'm not fussed enough to be bothered with that, it's just not important enough.

38 years? I have been using newsgroups for a very very long time but pretty sure you wouldn't of have had access in 1980?

Happy to be proved wrong though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No internet in the UK till early 90's so can't see you being wrong mate ;)
Then again after reading up about it I'm not so sure. Technology was available in 1980 but not sure how the newsgroups would be accessed. I'm gonna sit on the fence with this one but just because I can't be bothered to read more about it :)

Last edited:
Newsgroups were really the start of the Internet as we know it, and yes, they were around in 1980.

Out of curiosity was the torrent from a public or private tracker?

I know they monitor the public torrents but i doubt it is the case with the private.

I'm wondering how effective PeerBlock is. I use it but suspect a lot of the reported blocked IPs are a load of nonsense as I tried some through geolocators and they don't concur.

Back