iPhone Geohot Withdraws from iPhone Jailbreak and Unlock Scene

wilson1980

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
not to surprised by this. as we still wait on a jailbreak. i seen this somewhere else

"Sorry, this post was probably a bad idea. Next time I won’t say anything. I miss when this blog was actually about technical things(I’ve been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place it’s in now). I didn’t fully realize most of the current scene don’t care unless they are getting something. Now I do. It’s late tonight, I’ll think about what to do about this in the morning.

The real reason behind no release isn’t technical. It’s just that it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered. I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd.
Also, to the haters, the picture is quite obviously fake"

Geohot Withdraws from iPhone Jailbreak and Unlock Scene | Redmond Pie

Last edited:
not to surprised by this. as we still wait on a jailbreak. i seen this somewhere else

"Sorry, this post was probably a bad idea. Next time I won’t say anything. I miss when this blog was actually about technical things(I’ve been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place it’s in now). I didn’t fully realize most of the current scene don’t care unless they are getting something. Now I do. It’s late tonight, I’ll think about what to do about this in the morning.

The real reason behind no release isn’t technical. It’s just that it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered. I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd.
Also, to the haters, the picture is quite obviously fake"

Geohot Withdraws from iPhone Jailbreak and Unlock Scene | Redmond Pie

No great suprise, and the majority is his own fault. He wanted internet fame, got it then didnt like it because people were hammering him. Musclenerd and the rest will pick up the reins, and George will go to uni or something. Personally I think he has been paid off, and is more into doing seminars and stuff now. Check out his seminar on the PS3 in france, its quite technical, but still good.

hes defo been nobbled , hes been in france @ the underground hacking event , hes got the media attention he craved . i personally dont think its over watch this space lol

I'm going to hunt the fucker down and declare my jailbreak haha!!

It is a shame tho, ohh well by the sounds of it commix already has it sorted anyway :)

I'm going to hunt the fucker down and declare my jailbreak haha!!

It is a shame tho, ohh well by the sounds of it commix already has it sorted anyway :)

sooner he gets it out the better. just waitin on this stupid update from apple. if gio has been paid off i hope its not on the understanding that he helps prevent futher jailbreaks.

Back