General health and fitness in your chosen profession

Hi all,

curious to know what you all do to keep fit (or fitter!) based upon on your chosen profession.

Im an HGV driver continually trying to avoid greasy food options whilst on the road. anyone else in my situation?

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Bike and watch the crap you eat. Eat smaller portions more often. Either bike or swimming but I'm not a good swimmer. Joggings fine but when you get older the joints suffer. I have a m8 in his late 40's with crocked knee's and hips from constantly pounding the roads jogging.

Kerry951

just eat well and look after yourself, dont smoke, keep fit is a good combination for me and im ...old lol
Man i am trying so hard to stop smoking. I haven't smoked in two weeks and i had a strong temptation moment yesterday. I almost gave in..but i am glad i didn't. I have been smoking for the past 5 years.

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
i gave up smoking in 1999, i use to work a night shift. id buy 20 benson before the shift and by the time my shift finished id only have a few left. i was a heavy smoker. them days there wasnt much to help , only nicorrette gum which i tried so many times and i eventually succeeded in giving up. I chewed nicorrette gum for over 2 years lol, but eventually did it. I still get the urge now and then and have had the odd ciggy , get a mad headache though after wards and wished i never smoked it lol, but havnt gone back yet. Even now i sometimes get a craving specailly when im stressed out, believe me, i have a lot of my stress in my life due to persoanl reasons. Ive always been amember of the gym and can honestly say i feel much fitter now, i havnt put on any weight still around 78kg. i workout a lot , more cardio then weights but it helps to relive my stress. my diet is not brilliant, eat just about anything but importantly i burn it off at the gym. stick to it mate, it will be worth it in the end, i know its hard and very tempting and easy to reach for a ciggy. try joining a gym and when your stressed or get a craving for a ciggy , go for a walk or eat some fruit...wish you luck mate..

Dentist was happy with my checkup this afternoon so I picked up a box of celebrations and a box of heroes on the way home :p

I'll be back on the diet later in the week tho.
Lost about five inches round the middle in the last year, not being mean regime about it all, just being conscious of what I've been consuming really. Keeping an eye on my fat, carbs, sugar intake, portion sizes and grazing habits between meals, after letting it all slide for a few years :oops:

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Dentist was happy with my checkup this afternoon so I picked up a box of celebrations and a box of heroes on the way home :p

I'll be back on the diet later in the week tho.
Lost about five inches round the middle in the last year, not being mean regime about it all, just being conscious of what I've been consuming really. Keeping an eye on my fat, carbs, sugar intake, portion sizes and grazing habits between meals, after letting it all slide for a few years :oops:
From my recent experiences, you don't have to worry too much about your fat intake as long as you keep your sugar, artificial sweeteners and carbs in check. Easier said than done since they're everywhere!
I started a keto diet a couple of months ago and, although weight loss was not my objective, I have lost about 1/2 a stone and a few inches off the belly. (I started a thread in the Health & Fitness room).
I don't 'do' exercise, although I am generally on the move.

I found this graphic quite helpful. Mercola-Food-Pyramid-v2.jpg

TEST