Gemini 4 in 1 remote control + Sagem

johnbhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Delighted that this wee remote bought in Asda today for £8.97 works with the sagem. The remote i got with the sagem originally was hard to press downwards and i was getting fed up having to always go up the ways when going through menus.

Anyway. All the buttons work except one thing.The volume buttons. Anytime i use the volume buttons even though its on the cable setting it changes the volume on the tv rather than on the dbox. Maybe not big thing you may think but i have the dbox wired through an amp with no remote capabilties so its a wee bit of a pain.

Does anyone that has one of these get the volume buttons to work or know how to. I have used code 604. I tried the two other codes mentioned on the list under the sagem 570 and 603 but these dont work at all.

I have a Philips tv.

Cheers

johnbhoy said:
Delighted that this wee remote bought in Asda today for £8.97 works with the sagem. The remote i got with the sagem originally was hard to press downwards and i was getting fed up having to always go up the ways when going through menus.

Anyway. All the buttons work except one thing.The volume buttons. Anytime i use the volume buttons even though its on the cable setting it changes the volume on the tv rather than on the dbox. Maybe not big thing you may think but i have the dbox wired through an amp with no remote capabilties so its a wee bit of a pain.

Does anyone that has one of these get the volume buttons to work or know how to. I have used code 604. I tried the two other codes mentioned on the list under the sagem 570 and 603 but these dont work at all.

I have a Philips tv.

Cheers

hi m8

thinking back to these remotes if you have sky on a button and tv on the other button the volume always changes the tv i dont know why it does but it does perhaps there is one thing you could try as an experiment

put the dbox codes on the tv button and vice versa

i dont know 100 percent but i remember a friend and he had it going vice versa and worked for him

what have you got to lose m8

cheers

johnbhoy said:
Cheers gav. Will try that when i get home.

your welcome m8

as i said said i cant garrantee its going to ork but it wont hurt in trying m8

but it did help someone else

might of been a different model number

but it still might work

so its worth a try

cheers

Ach no joy. Gave it a bash but its not having it. The instruction manual states you can only use tv codes for the tv button. I was thinking problem may be more with the code i am using for the tv so i tried a few of these until i realised that when the tv was not working and i was using the dbox button then the volume buttons still did not work. Unusual but i can live with this.

Cheers Anyway

Is there a way of assigning volume buttons in any of the images ?? THe same way you can for bouquets and channel lists ??

Have you tried putting the dbox on the dvd button? I can use the dvd volume buttons to change volume on my hifi.

Yeah tried putting on vcr and dvd. I just put code 604 on each of these but none of them seem to pick up the volume buttons for the dbox. BUt each of them pick up the volume buttons for the tv even though they are on dbox mode......Strange.

Back